Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't get the whole 'made in america' aspect of the wutang show's marketing

Default I don't get the whole 'made in america' aspect of the wutang show's marketing

I know Rza likes to throw American into a lot of things these days, but I don't get it. For one, nobody is really attached to the 'poetic' idea of America anymore so it's going to fall of deaf ears. Some shills and 30 year old boomers want to pretend but they're over it too. If anything, Wutang's story is very international and made in spite of America lol.

Wutang combined influences from everywhere and have their strongest support in eastern europe. I don't know how much excitement knowing they came from the continental united states is going to inspire. I've come to associate it with a lot of their shittier late efforts which Rza used neoconish boomer language to market and explain.

Shaolin Master

I agree, the current hip trend for americans is to hate the US. If you live in the US, you're a racist if you say anything positive about americans. The cool thing to do is to keep saying you can't take it anymore, and you're going to leave the US to move to a third world toilet bowl, but not actually go anywhere.

Shaolin Master

I can't take the president anymore, he's a meanie. I'm going to move to a mosquito hut in south america and roast marshmallows.

They have their strongest support in eastern europe? Is that a fact?

But I kind of agree, it seems like a meaningless subtitle. The only thing I can think of is that the producers wanted to make sure casual viewers know "THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHINESE PEOPLE" lol.

PRODIGAL SUN

idk... if anything its distinctly american to me. Just not american like we think as in white america... its literally the “once upon a time in america” story of the 80s/90s. All traditionally “american” titles are gving to these stories; ie coming from nothing ie the american DREAM

Wu tang had aspects of black, asian AND white culture more than any other group. The asian soundbites, the black struggle, the nyc era mob mentality/the traditional business sense despite being lower class on some meyer lansky shit

Maybe yall forget they made CREAM... which technically is the defining money getting song in hip hop history.

Its no wonder it translated with every group of people. Its there understanding of this that led them to be a defining rap group who if we gon be honest, are still one of the faces of the genre despite not being “popular” per say for 15 years atleast. Most rappers are gone after 5 while on top yet wu have cemented themselves in american culture more than any group/artist sans 3-5...

its the american dream: hip hop version.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 08-11-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    I agree, the current hip trend for americans is to hate the US. If you live in the US, you're a racist if you say anything positive about americans. The cool thing to do is to keep saying you can't take it anymore, and you're going to leave the US to move to a third world toilet bowl, but not actually go anywhere.
    yes the country is a major disappointment to everyone including you

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    idk... if anything its distinctly american to me. Just not american like we think as in white america... its literally the “once upon a time in america” story of the 80s/90s. All traditionally “american” titles are gving to these stories; ie coming from nothing ie the american DREAM

Wu tang had aspects of black, asian AND white culture more than any other group. The asian soundbites, the black struggle, the nyc era mob mentality/the traditional business sense despite being lower class on some meyer lansky shit

Maybe yall forget they made CREAM... which technically is the defining money getting song in hip hop history.

Its no wonder it translated with every group of people. Its there understanding of this that led them to be a defining rap group who if we gon be honest, are still one of the faces of the genre despite not being “popular” per say for 15 years atleast. Most rappers are gone after 5 while on top yet wu have cemented themselves in american culture more than any group/artist sans 3-5...

I can feel that, but that's every rapper's story. I see where you're coming from though, I just never connect wutang and patriotism or nationhood. Anyways well see how they present the whole thing. it's probably ignorable.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post

I think you could apply that subtitle to a bunch of shows and it would make as much sense. The Sopranos: An American Saga, Breaking Bad: An American Saga etc. It doesn't actually communicate anything meaningful.

when trump wins the next election, what shithole country do you plan to move to tsa?

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

America is a weird country, but I like weird. Trump ain’t weird tho. He’s a lunatic and so is everyone who still support him. I just had to get it out, sorry.

3rd eye, I agree, several of your posts have been very weird and so are your fantasies of having a threesome with cory booker and beta o'rourke.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Gotta love me some fine bitches

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    America is a weird country, but I like weird. Trump ain’t weird tho. He’s a lunatic and so is everyone who still support him. I just had to get it out, sorry.
    Trump is really funny. I think a lot of people are going to lose money when he's gone because reporting on how wild he is is a lucrative enterprise. Dude's out here talking about 'the lamestream media', shitting on Sweden over ASAP Rocky, getting policy cues from Kim Kardashian, and sharing tweets about clinton killing Epstien (which he did) lol. He's a wild boi. Dude will just get on twitter and say PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT with no context LOL
    Last edited by TSA; 08-12-2019 at 10:49 PM.

I'm glad that he has completely shattered faith in the US abroad because inexplicably high faith in the US was the only thing the US had left, and we were literally using it to be stupid.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Sweden should have kept A$AP Rocky. He is no loss to us.