Thread: Eddie Murphy - Dolemite Is My Name Trailer

where's charles jones

"If pussy don't sell, grits ain't groceries, eggs ain't poultry, and Mona Lisa is a motherfucking man."

I watched this a few days ago. It was okay.

I like Craig Robinson as an actor. He's been in Mr. Robot, Eastbound & Down, Morris from America, etc.

Rudy Ray Moore aka Dolemite is a struggling comedian. Some homeless guy comes into his store and spits funny raps. Rudy usually runs him out the store, but one day notices the raps are good.

He seeks out the homeless guys and hangs out with them and records their jokes, then modifies them for the stage.

There were lots of plot holes.

We're to believe he's broke and has no connections.

But then he's getting hot women, financing, shows, deals and it's never explained. Then a bunch of people help him make the movie for practically free.

I don't get why Eddie Murphy does the gay voice thing. I thought it was just an act but he does the metrosexual gay voice act in almost every movie now.

And Wesley Snipes plays the Director and does a gay act thing too. It's as though they weren't taking the movie seriously. Tituss Burgess was in this movie and I think he really is gay. I think acting gay is a prerequisite in Hollywood these days.

If you want to watch gayness, then watch Dolemite is My Name. Otherwise watch the original Dolemite.

Also, I think ODB was influenced by Dolemite aka Rudy Ray Moore.

^^yes, I can see what you mean about ODB