Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question for all of u

I feel like certain keywords get brock into a thread, and one of them is 'mud-wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Religion must be based on some sort of rationality. I mean people don’t go around thinking the tooth fairy is real ?

peace
    That's not a good argument, bro. No adult was ever SUPPOSED to believe the tooth fairy, easter bunny, or Santa or any of that shit was real.

Religion must be based on some sort of rationality.
    a code of ethics, maybe (10 commandments etc)

I could do without the whole 'converting to save people' thing and holy wars. religion should remain a private matter. I respect people and their religions but ... stay out of my personal life. States led by religious leaders are a nightmare

personally I'll go with the tooth fairy any day. I hear she gives great head
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-28-2019 at 06:58 AM.

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    a code of ethics, maybe (10 commandments etc)

I could do without the whole 'converting to save people' thing and holy wars. religion should remain a private matter. I respect people and their religions but ... stay out of my personal life. States led by religious leaders are a nightmare

personally I'll go with the tooth fairy any day. I hear she gives great head
    anyone who is a good person was influenced by the moral teachings of a religion such as christianity or buddhism, directly or indirectly. the ten commandments are probably the only thing i care about from christianity.

"let us remember the golden rule"

i tolerate other religions and atheism. there are irreligious people who are better people than those who follow religion. i believe in god, but it's not the same what most christians believe. my belief is that god is part of the universe and the universe is part of god, not a man in the sky like the bible says. i label myself a roman catholic because it's the religion i was raised in when i was a child and i'm more familiar with it than the other abrahamic religions, judaism and islam. i choose and pick what i like from the religion.

zen buddhism is a mixture of buddhism and taoism. i think karma is real. so far, i have done so many good deeds and actions that i haven't been depressed since i was a teenager. i'm never stressed out. i just go with the flow which is what the tao is about.

science has limits. spirituality and religion are personal things. not everyone has the same experiences and feelings. the existence of god cannot be proved or disproved because it's a metaphysical theory, just like the simulated reality hypothesis, which could be a possibility too.

Religion must be based on some sort of rationality. I mean people don’t go around thinking the tooth fairy is real ?

peace
    There's something rational in wanting to understand the universe in a simple way, or in choosing to believe that theres a clear doctrine for everything so that you don't need to worry about forging your own spiritual path.

There's also the fact that it gives hope and a sense of community to people in impoverished, uneducated parts of the world. But its known by now that the more educated and wealthy societies get, the less use they have for religion. And in secular countries (except for one...) theres way less crime and injustice.

The fear of god is a shitty reason to be a good person.

anyone who is a good person was influenced by the moral teachings of a religion such as christianity or buddhism, directly or indirectly
    Absolute nonsense. U think nobody has the natural instinct to b decent? I'm enormously opposed to religion and at the same thyme enormously conscious of trying to be a good and moral person. Religious teachings have most certainly never played any part in my desire to b decent or my perception of what a decent and moral person is, directly or indirectly. I don't need to b told what is a moral and decent way to behave. If anything religion is probably more likely to cause open minded people to rebel n b total cunts to spite religious teachings n the fact that they're being told how to act. What to do n what not to do.

Just because somebody's idea of what being moral is might reflect some religious teachings, it does not mean that that is where those beliefs originated. Most humans naturally have a similar perception of what is a moral way to behave, based on their own feelings towards themselves and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Absolute nonsense. U think nobody has the natural instinct to b decent? I'm enormously opposed to religion and at the same thyme enormously conscious of trying to be a good and moral person. Religious teachings have most certainly never played any part in my desire to b decent or my perception of what a decent and moral person is, directly or indirectly. I don't need to b told what is a moral and decent way to behave. If anything religion is probably more likely to cause open minded people to rebel n b total cunts to spite religious teachings n the fact that they're being told how to act. What to do n what not to do.

Just because somebody's idea of what being moral is might reflect some religious teachings, it does not mean that that is where those beliefs originated. Most humans naturally have a similar perception of what is a moral way to behave, based on their own feelings towards themselves and others.
    science can't determine what is good or bad, so i apologize for saying that. ethics is something that is talked about in philosophy. most people want to think they're good. i think i'm a good person because i follow the ten commandments and the noble eightfold path, therefore i don't experience suffering due to the massive amount of good karma that i've accumulated. what we think is "good" might be different things. i think a person can be moral without religion or god, obviously. i don't agree with everything in christianity as a roman catholic. i'm a pansexual transgender girl, so most christians, especially conservatives/republicans would think i'm not a good person because i'm not a heterosexual who loves only the opposite sex and don't like the sex i was born with. i can be anything and still follow the ten commandments, which i think is the most important thing about christianity. without the ten commandments, a lot of bad things would be allowed in society. same with the moral teachings of buddhism and taoism. however, we've evolved so much as a society that religion isn't necessary anymore. i still label myself as a roman catholic because of my family and friends. we have a sense of community and it's an easy way to achieve happiness while having universal awareness in a possible simulated reality.

spammy, you have to be more original than that. we already have a tranny here who fucks pots and pans. we also have others that are in the transitioning stage such as tsa and shadynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    spammy, you have to be more original than that. we already have a tranny here who fucks pots and pans. we also have others that are in the transitioning stage such as tsa and shadynasty.
    what the fuck are you rambling about?

do you have a hoop nose piercing and magic marker eyebrows?

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    do you have a hoop nose piercing and magic marker eyebrows?
    no. i don't plan on modifying my body. i am inspired by the androgyny of david bowie and patti smith. i'm non-binary and sexually fluid.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    You probably have bipolar disorder or whatever.
    Wow