Thread: The Boys

{>____<}

Default The Boys

Has anyone watched this show? I've heard good things about it.

Damn, he's heartless!
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

i've seen a lot of whiny liberals say that they enjoy it. iceland's tranny president probably watches it.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    i've seen a lot of whiny liberals say that they enjoy it. iceland's tranny president probably watches it.
    I don't understand.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I watched season 1.

My first impression from the trailer was that it was another gay tv show about comic heroes. Same recycled Hollywood comic book hero shit they've been milking for the last 15 years.

Turns out the comic heroes in this show are depicted as arrogant, conceited, immoral, reckless, corporate serving pricks.

"The Boys" is a bad title for the show and sounds kind of corny. But The Boys members are very likeable characters trying to bring down the fraud super heroes.

Karl Urban is the main character named Billy the Butcher and does a fantastic job playing the lead roll and leader of "The Boys." His wife disappeared after being raped by the main superhero.

Jack Quaid may also count at a main character. He resembles a younger Michael Shannon in appearance. He gets sucked into The Boys when a superhero "A Train" kills his girlfriend.

Antony Starr does a good job playing a prick superhero. He makes the character easy to hate.

Lots of the characters seem to have good and bad qualities. Nobody seems all good or all evil.

I like Tomer Capon's character "Frenchie." Laz Alonso is good as another The Boys member.

Giancarlo Esposito (from Breaking Bad) shows up at the end of season 1 as the CEO of the corporation promoting and managing the superheroes, and plays a larger role in season 2.

The Black Noir character seems kind of pointless. You never seem him without the mask and I'm not sure if the role is even necessary.

There's pointless scenes showing men's asses. I guess Hollywood can't release any movie or TV show without trying to gay it up. No female nudity. Just male nudity. Very Gay and pointless.

The TV show also contains some propaganda. For example, it negatively depicts Christians with all the false demoKKKrat hateful stereotypes. It also promotes war in Syria and depicts Syrians as terrorists when actually Obama and Biden were backing ISIS to attack Syria and the terrorists in Syria in real life were mercenaries that Obama, Biden, and the CIA funded and armed to try to overthrow Assad to build a pipeline to Europe.

Also, a couple members of The Boys seem to be able to run across machine gun fire and not get hit. The kind of corny shit where the bad guys can't seem to hit huge targets with machine guns at close range.

The Boys repping Wu in Season 2 episode 1

love this show, even though it doesn't do the comic book justice in terms of violence and fucked upness