Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ghostface Killahs First Listen

This shit is fucking hard. First listen

This one stuck out, fire
    Last edited by TSA; 09-20-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAll View Post
    Art is so subjective so everyone will have dif opinions...

Just listened to "Ghostface Killahs" twice via youtube while doing some chores yesterday so more study needed. However, from initial spins am feeling it. As stated by others, GFK seems rejuvenated w his flow and writing w wit. To my ear, seems like his rap battery got resparked from the Czarface collabo... looking forward to buying CD and listening properly!

Re "Pretty Toney". It is by no means his BEST album but based on personal history its prolly my FAV GFK solo. Just wanted to throw in my "50 cents [but not] go to war w Many Men" to paraphrase the Deck line on his feature lol.

W attention from "Of Mics and Men", "Wu Tang: An American Saga", "Chamber No. 9" and "Ghostface Killahs" seems like potential for solid wu resurgence. Hope they can cap it off w a proper Clan album as an exclamation point! PEACE
    I agree, Ghost sounds renewed.

Son of the Egyptian Blood LEGENDARYSTATUS33's Avatar

Already bored of this LP, not that great. Deck's lp though def still playing.

Veteran Member

Finally gave this a listen and I'd say this is better than anything that he's dropped since More Fish. Think these are old rhymes or ghost written? He sounds fresh

PRODIGAL SUN

definitely filled it with songs that were not going to make the next clan lp, an appetizer of sorts, loving this shit though, about to go cop the physical at 9, word is bond

Ehhh

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Obviously I meant the retail version. The final LP coulda woulda shoulda been good.

The good tracks were:

Maxine
    Strawberry
    The Forest
    The Hilton
    Street Chemistry

The rest is basura. I mean WTF is this? A lot of the beats and hooks are pathetic:
    Well nice to c somebody much more forgiving than I am actually agrees with me on that travesty. Altho personally I think the forest is pretty fucking gay too.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

This is still in rotation, solid album. Noel you're bugging, but your breakdown of Cappadonna's "South of the Border" was 100% spot on from front to back so I cut you some slack lol.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.