Thread: Star Trek Picard

Default Star Trek Picard

Default PICARD (trailer)

*WIPES TEAR OF JOY*

Is Star Trek Discovery any good?

I haven't watched it but I saw that Sonequa Martin-Green is in it and she's hot. Hotter than Lt. Uhura (Nichelle Nichols)?

The only Star Trek series i really like are the original 1966 series which I never watched growing up but liked in my later years. It's always on really late at night on re-runs.

Star Trek Next Generation always seemed wack to me and I never got through an episode. I never liked Patrick Stewart. Counselor Deanna Troi sometimes looked good in a tight Star Trek uniform but not good enough for me to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Is Star Trek Discovery any good?

I haven't watched it but I saw that Sonequa Martin-Green is in it and she's hot. Hotter than Lt. Uhura (Nichelle Nichols)?

The only Star Trek series i really like are the original 1966 series which I never watched growing up but liked in my later years. It's always on really late at night on re-runs.

Star Trek Next Generation always seemed wack to me and I never got through an episode. I never liked Patrick Stewart. Counselor Deanna Troi sometimes looked good in a tight Star Trek uniform but not good enough for me to watch.
    ok this is my personal opinion on it, i've followed it religiously to this day and i PERSONALLY LOVE IT. here is what you need to know, if you are going in expecting the same old campy star trek stuff from the older shows, then this one ain't for you and this is why i absolutely love it. There are some very fascinating concepts they touch on, especially the whole multi verse angle, probably one of the best multiverse storylines i've seen yet. It is dark and the klingons aren't the same as you would remember them, this one kinda touches on their origins so they even look a bit different but i love their new menacing look, also the emphasis on their native tongue gives the show some meat.

basically, if you're one of those "william shatner star trek guys..or the star trek purists, then don't bother, it is not following the same old campy formula. But if you are open to some new, Dark, sinister, at times epic mindfuck star trek, then strap up for the ride cause you will enjoy it.

ignore the sjw/conservative squabbles and politics about this and go in blind and you won't be dissappointed imo
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 12-16-2019 at 10:33 AM.

If you're talking about Star Trek Discovery then you got me hyped some to watch it.

If you're talking about the Next Generation with Patrick Stewart, I already tried to like it before. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood to grasp it.

The multi-universe parallel dimensions concept is interesting.

I have to admit though, I do like the old campy stuff. I'm not a huge William Shatner fan particularly, but I liked the writing and episodes. If felt like I could watch any episode, even out of order, and still enjoy it. The newer ones I'm guessing have to be watched in order?