Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That iPhone 11

{>____<}

Default That iPhone 11

$699.00 isn't bad. The Pro is expensive (up to $1,500.00) and I don't think the average person will use half of the features the phone can do.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S10 and it's spectacular. The iPhone 11 looks very solid and well built (I played with one outside of Best Buy. Very fluid and solid).

Is anyone buying this?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I don't like cellphones. I'm tired of carrying one around and If i didn't have a kid I wouldn't have one. I'll just talk to everyone when I get on facebook.
    So paying that much for a phone makes no sense to me, especially if it's the same phone you've been paying that amount for every year. Though, Ironman, you're the first person I've heard that has something positive to say about it.

These phones are barely any more advanced if you compare them year to year. You need to wait like 4-5 years between phones for them to be noticeably better and more advanced.

I don't get people that replace perfectly good phones every 1-2 years because the new edition has some goofy new feature the phone company hasn't perfected yet. The price of apple phones is ridiculous too, You can buy like 2-3 laptops for that price.

That being said I think Iphones are very good, user friendly, good features and all that. I have a Samsung atm though and no complaints.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I don't like cellphones. I'm tired of carrying one around and If i didn't have a kid I wouldn't have one. I'll just talk to everyone when I get on facebook.
    So paying that much for a phone makes no sense to me, especially if it's the same phone you've been paying that amount for every year. Though, Ironman, you're the first person I've heard that has something positive to say about it.

You’ve come so far from your early Wu-Corp virgin days when you used to brag that your cell phone had cable TV

yeah, wucorp BTS: it was actually Sprint TV.

Got a house phone a few years back and other than spam, it was nice. You could leave the phone to be a phone and go about your life. I hate looking for my phone, charging it, putting covers on it, always having it around etc. It's fucking annoying. Plus like Sha said, the 'advancements' are a joke at this point. One year they have 2 cameras, next year 3 cameras and your 2 camera phone stops working.

Flip phone master race

"I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

^ Haha. Just get this brain interface shit working, thats when I'll get excited by communication tech. Until then I don't know what they can do to make these phones any more impressive, they're mini computers already. You can use ms office, videochat (remember when this was only in Sci-Fi movies?) download music, games, GPS, the list is too long to continue.

Moore's law means that the microchips can't get much smaller unless they can perfect quantum computing, graphene and shit like that within the next few years. I think the only exciting thing they might be able to add in the near future is a really good AI on your phone that can predict what you want at any given time, maybe reply to certain things and make your life easier.

I just don't see the point of changing phone constantly. I get a company phone nearly every 6 months and I don't see a different at all in phones. Like they tweak the cameras and I see all these reviews online about the amazing camera. I honestly can't tell the difference between the camera on a phone from 3 years ago to one today. The wide angle lens thing, LG were doing that years ago iPhone is now getting that and people are acting like its some sort of miracle.

For a personal phone I got a One plus 7 something something. It charges fast which is the most important feature for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ Haha. Just get this brain interface shit working, thats when I'll get excited by communication tech. Until then I don't know what they can do to make these phones any more impressive, they're mini computers already. You can use ms office, videochat (remember when this was only in Sci-Fi movies?) download music, games, GPS, the list is too long to continue.

Moore's law means that the microchips can't get much smaller unless they can perfect quantum computing, graphene and shit like that within the next few years. I think the only exciting thing they might be able to add in the near future is a really good AI on your phone that can predict what you want at any given time, maybe reply to certain things and make your life easier.
    A battery that isn't 5th world garbage and not making the fucking thing out of glass would be huge advancements. And an AI that does fucc ass calls for you like calling the Department of Motor Vehicles or post office capable of answering all the shitty prompts. Idk what anyone needs quantum computing for because the most advanced things people do with phones are jacking off and arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    A battery that isn't 5th world garbage and not making the fucking thing out of glass would be huge advancements. And an AI that does fucc ass calls for you like calling the Department of Motor Vehicles or post office capable of answering all the shitty prompts. Idk what anyone needs quantum computing for because the most advanced things people do with phones are jacking off and arguing.
    Faster HD 3D VR jacking off? with smellovision?

Lol but even if most of what people use phones for is frivolous, it still opens up a lot of possibilities and smart people will use it for smart things. And nobody is going to complain about having superfast state of the art microchips in their phone, well except for you.

Banned

Fuck apple for intentionally slowing down your service. That should be some sort of consumer class action lawsuit.

I’m not going to bash the phone itself as it’s just about one of the most useful things I use on a daily basis.

But I never get the newest one I keep mine for as long as I can.

Apple is about a greedy as you can be.

I've never understood spending more than about $200 on a phone. People who buy new phones before their old one is fucked r fuc'n dunces.

I have a Samsung n it's shit n pisses me off. But so do all phones. I'll ride it out like I always do.

Banned

They might as well just introduce phone leases like they do cars.Which I guess they already do in a way.

As much as dealing with a car salesman is painful, they got nothing on a techy phone slinger.

Banned

First time I think I’ve ever agreed with that creep, Noel.

I still have have an iPhone 6. It was fucked up a couple months ago. Verizon said you qualify for an upgrade to the new iPhone which will be $1,000 or we can overnight you another iPhone 6 completely free. Needless to say, I am typing this from my toilet on an iPhone 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    First time I think I’ve ever agreed with that creep, Noel.
    ...Needless to say, I am typing this from my toilet on an iPhone 6.
    I write the majority of my posts here while I'm shitting.