Thread: Are the Wu-Tang Clan related to a Native American tribe? 10 myths busted

Default Are the Wu-Tang Clan related to a Native American tribe? 10 myths busted

RZA: [On Reunited] ODB says ​“the Indian who sold Manhattan to the white man – my grandfather!” It’s true. His grandfather was Chief Cuffey of the Shinnecock [Indian Nation].

Haha whoa. Interesting article, thanks for posting.

RZA: Yeah, me and Björk recorded about five songs together. We recorded them on ADATs, I got the tapes somewhere. Me making the beats and her doin’ some singing.
    The Face: Will they ever see the light of day?
    RZA: I don’t even have an ADAT machine no more!

The Face: Where do you think those girls are now?
    Inspectah Deck: They’re somewhere eating those Chupa Chups lollipops. Remember the Chupa Chups lollipops? They always used to have those things. They used to have bags of those shits.

But Killah Priest is a different type of dude than Masta Killa, and so I don’t think he was going to be a Wu-Tang Clan member. And Masta Killa and GZA were so bonded. And Masta Killa was so unique and honourable

^^^^that was some slick shade lol

myth #9: A big batch of wu-tang music – including inspectah deck’s first album – was lost in a flood.

Rza: What happened back then was we had floppy disks in those cases. So inspectah deck had like 12 to 15 disks in his section. Everybody [in the group] had their section, these were going to be the beats for their albums. Then i think i lost about 100 floppy disks or more. If you’re a producer, you have records and shit on the floor. My studio is in the basement. The plumbing is bad in that place. And when it rains, it floods, but you don’t know that. Now life is getting good for us, everything’s going right, we’ve got a deal, we’re going to get rich, i’m ready. Come home from one of those fuckin’ shows we did – a fuckin’ flood. So then i started putting my shit up higher. Then we had another flood, right after we finished [gza’s ​’95 debut album] liquid swords. After that i moved [the studio] to the wu mansion, where we recorded triumph at.

Inspectah deck: I tried to save that bag of disks many times man. I brought that shit to the whitehouse, my people in dc, to use their clean room. This dust free room for sensitive data and material, white suits and gloves and shit. They tried to recover the data. It cost me ten grand. But if i could have got that batch of disks back? It would have been worth it. But the water damage was too severe. It had sat and marinated. Some kind of corrosion.

Rza: That shit was sewer water, it wasn’t like it was healthy.

Inspectah deck: All types of elements in there that fuck the data up.

smh