Thread: Ghostlaced finally makes a pilgrimage to 99th & St. Clair to meet Bone

Banned

Default Ghostlaced finally makes a pilgrimage to 99th & St. Clair to meet Bone

Japanese rapper travels to Cleveland to meet Bone Thugs, gets stranded & mugged instead

Japanese rapper and die-hard Bone Thugs-N-Harmony fan Ryo Muranaka traveled to Cleveland, OH in the hopes of meeting his rap “heroes.” After selling his possessions and purchasing a one-way ticket, Muranaka travelled 6,000 miles from Japan with nothing but his luggage and his CD.

”I thought I could get in the US in exchange for my CD,” Muranaka told Cleveland’s Fox 8 through an interpreter app. “No. No plan. One-way ticket.”

However, the rapper’s goal proved to be much more difficult than he had anticipated. Local activists James Norton and Kwas Bibbs found Muranaka struggling with no money and his luggage stolen. Plus, his temporary admission into the U.S. had expired, putting him at risk of being arrested by immigration officials.

“You might have a reputation for a negative neighborhood, but there are good people in the neighborhood,” Norton told Fox 8.

“Cleveland has a reputation of violence and drugs and all this other stuff, but Cleveland has a soul,” Bibbs added.

Bone Thugs heard about the rapper’s story and Layzie Bone briefly put Muranaka up in a hotel. According to HipHopDX, Krayzie Bone saluted Muranaka’s “determination and passion,” but insists there’s a lesson to be learned in his story.

“My initial reaction was I didn’t think too much of it because we’ve had so many fans throughout our careers come from around the world to 99th St. Clair either looking for us or trying to take photos,” Krayzie said. “I thought it was just another fan, but when I heard this dude sold all of his belongings to come to Cleveland I was like, ‘WTH?’”

“I commend him for his determination and passion for what he’s trying to do because I can relate,” he continued. “I’m quite sure he heard our story and how we pursued Eazy-E and this is what inspired him.”

While Krayzie empathized with the rapper, he warned other fans to take precautions when following their “dreams.”

“But I will also say this to other fans and artist that are looking to do the same thing as us or this gentleman did — follow your dreams by all means, but you have to be very careful when you go to places you know nothing about,” he said. “We’re not from the suburbs, we’re from the ghetto. The area we grew up in is not nice by any means, and I’m just thankful all they took from him was his luggage and not his life because it gets real like that. So, be very careful and have some kind of plan.”

According to Fox 8, Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown and Rep. Marcia Fudge are currently working on a way to resolve Muranaka’s immigration situation.

Banned

He looks like he fits right in.

That neighborhood is probably worse than it was in the 90’s.

Funny thing about the corner of 99th and st Clair is that it’s really not special at all. It’s just some houses, most abandoned and a HUD complex for people with mental illness. Overgrown weeds and cracked sidewalks. It barely even looks like the a city anymore.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

So I guess he is Bone Thugs N Harmony's equivalent of Cilvaringz, except that Cilvaringz was built to survive by himself in Shaolin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SonicRingz View Post
    Oh an ghostlaced really did tell the forum back in the day about visiting Cleveland to see 99th & St Clair. We all laughed and dooch likely called him an idiot for wanting to see a wasteland.
    here are just 3 examples of Dooch telling Ghostlaced that 99 & St. Clair is a wasteland.

https://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sh...=1#post1972857

https://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sh...=1#post1817831

https://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sh...=1#post1489597

Just Google mapped that intersection and it looks pretty damn decent. At least probably better than it did when they were recording their early stuff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Just Google mapped that intersection and it looks pretty damn decent. At least probably better than it did when they were recording their early stuff

you must have a different Google Maps than I do because there is nothing decent looking about that intersection.

There's no way that this story would deter Ghostlaced either. He would say, "It would be different for me. Those blokes would realize that a chap like me is down with them because I pretended to be black on a Wu-Tang forum."

Banned

It’s probably been almost a decade since I’ve been around there. Maybe they built some stuff.

They did build a big HUD complex for mentally fucked people. But that’s been there awhile.

{>____<}

Good that Layzie, Krayzie, and a few people helped him out.

It is weird because as a fan of BTNH, you should know that not one of them lives in Cleveland (Wish is the only one). Layzie, Flesh, and Krayzie live in LA. Bizzy lives in New York, I believe.

Krayzie's right. Don't go to places that you don't know of to look for famous people. The dude should've known that BTNH are touring, in the studio, and not on their old neighborhoods.

I take my hat off to him for selling all his stuff for the hope of meeting BTNH but he didn't think it through.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I think one of them lives by me lol

Whatever happened to Ghostlaced? He never posts anymore. I wonder if anybody ever got disappointed going to Queensbridge to see Havoc only to find out he does not live there anymore even though he said he would stay in the projects forever

Banned

Bone hasn’t lived in that neighborhood since they got that first big check.

Last I heard about Wish he lived in one of the richer suburbs in the area.

But that was probably 15 years ago and I doubt anyone even would recognize him.

One or two was actually from Columbus. Those dudes were from the ghetto, the real one where there’s nothing, not the fake NY “hood” where there’s a hundred thousand people and everyone has a hustle or you can get connected.
    Last edited by Dooch; 10-21-2019 at 05:51 AM.

I think Wish Bone is the only one that has not dropped a solo album yet. I was never into Bone Thugs N Harmony, never owned any of their albums, group, solo or affiliates

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Bone hasn’t lived in that neighborhood since they got that first big check.

Last I heard about Wish he lived in one of the richer suburbs in the area.

But that was probably 15 years ago and I doubt anyone even would recognize him.

One or two was actually from Columbus. Those dudes were from the ghetto, the real one where there’s nothing, not the fake NY “hood” where there’s a hundred thousand people and everyone has a hustle or you can get connected.
    Bizzy is from Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I think Wish Bone is the only one that has not dropped a solo album yet. I was never into Bone Thugs N Harmony, never owned any of their albums, group, solo or affiliates
    You missed out. I own pretty much all their CDs. Yeah, Wish never released a solo. Weird but knowing him, I understand. Wish can't do anything now because that ship has sailed. BTNH just tours. Bizzy released Carbon Monoxide and Krayzie working on a solo joint. Layzie has something in the works, too.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty