Thread: Jesus is king is hot garbage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    You must be interested to even write this. He's more interesting than anything else in this subforum otherwise you'd post about something else.

Some of what you said is inaccurate, like he can still make beats solo, and even on the collaborative stuff you have to give him credit because its stuff that wouldn't exist otherwise. Its whole fully produced songs not just beats that have a sound that sounds like Kanye and not like any of the producers involved.

I'm surprised you think he sounds like Pharrell in any way. Listen to the recent Tyler LP if you want to hear what somebody trying to make beats like The Neptunes and RZA sounds like.

The Neptunes have always been Soul-Jazz oriented, very smooth chords, often major key and synth driven which is nothing like what Kanye does. I don't see it, RZA is a better comparison just because of him switching up his production style often but keeping that gritty soul influence in the mix. Kanye was actively competing with guys like Bink and Just Blaze back when he broke through so they might be an even more direct influence.

he's literally a circus, of course he's interesting. 2 girls and a cup is interesting, I'm not going to pretend it needs an oscar. Kanye wants to be seen as what Pharrel actually is. Both are some weirdos, but I'm over people acting like Kanye is that.

Sound wise Kanye is a more boring mix of ppl so that's not what I mean. He does Timbaland, Rza, and Dilla and he's unique for throwing in churchy sounds often. When I say pharrel i mean persona and achievement.

They both produced Pusha T. There's no comparison
    Swiss Beats (who I don't even like) recently produced for Nas the way Kanye did. No comparison
    He's really mediocre at producing and rapping, but a-1 at publicity stunts.

I think the last interesting Kanye beat I heard was that I got to shine shit with T pain.
    Last edited by TSA; 11-03-2019 at 05:47 PM.