I think getting with kim is the best thing he's ever done. It's one of the reasons we're still talking about him, and thats what he exists for; to be talked about. Not to rap, not to make beats, nothing else. All of those things are a part of the hype machine but it's not the objective. I didn't even know you were talking about him as a rapper. In that case, someone that doesn't write a word of his rhymes and is still boring is a pretty lame uneventful rapper.

idk if you understood my shirt analogy but when Kanye came out every beat what doot-doot-snap, doot-doot-snap, looped and the bass comes in on the fifth doot-doot snap. In fact, it was literally called snap music lol. So then here comes this guy who has sped up samples and different patterns on his songs with Too the Wire as an example. Then everyone starts talking about how it's crazy innovative and different. How? Everyone not knowing how to tie their shoes doesn't make me a genius because I can tie mine. I can't think of any producer that's considered a legend that Kanye can rank face to face with, but he gets put in the category with them and it's annoying.

Then, you now hear that he doesn't make his own beats, doesn't write his rhymes, so that he can have time for publicity stunts. I'm cool breh.
Honestly, people in the past 15 years have gone out of their way to make hip hop a joke. It's a joke now, but they still want to talk about participants of the joke like they're serious because they're the top of a pack of gram thots and TMZ lizards.

Lil Wayne had the same effect. He peaked when people were going out of their way to not rap well and not listen to people rapping well, had similes and now people who will never go back and listen to his music 3 months after it drops try to take him seriously and force him into conversations about credibility