Thread: Rage Against The Machine has reunited. Rza wants Wu-Tang to join their tour.

Banned

Exclamation Rage Against The Machine has reunited. Rza wants Wu-Tang to join their tour.

'

So..

Teen angst band whose politics never evolved past a high school level, and had parents that were Lawyers & Phds who provided an above average upbringing... became 'The Machine' and netted around $25 - $30 mil individually, but want to recreate their faux anti-establishment image, while stopping their shows to rant about why you should vote for the establishment politicians + central bankers and let Tom's Harvard grad Commie dick enter your butthole in his dressing room.

Leave it to RZA to not understand how cringey 'RATM' is in 2019. Retards would be lined up for this tour, so I wouldn't blame him for a quick cash grab then leave them high and dry like the 90's where nu-metal and power chords deserved to die.

Max Chinroom very eloquently explained what I think about RATM in 2019. Thank you.

I don't deny RATM has talent though. They jam.

It was once I realized that they are not anti-establishment, but just anti-Republican, and would shill for DemoKKKRats no matter how powerful, authoritarian, taxing, and oppressive demoKKKrat politics became, when I realized that RATM's message is a FRAUD.

And we're all here because we pay attention to the lyrics in rap. Wu-Tang could throw darts.

But if RATM plays a jamming baseline but spews pro-establishment I eat Hillary's carpet and suck off Joe Biden pro-democrat bullshit, then fuck them. Are they out there asking to free Julian Assange or Edward Snowden? Then fuck them. Because lyrics still matter to me. The message matters. That's why you see me listening to gospel rap now because the message still means something and it's not some phony gangster robbing and looting and abusing women bullshit because that's not the life I live and that's not me. It's like listening to rap music because you like the beat but the lyrics suck.

If RATM just kept it anti-establishment, they could have kept a larger fanbase. Although, these days it seems half the country wants more establishment, more government, more corporate media control and influence, and they like the shit.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 11-06-2019 at 08:04 PM.

'

I agree they had an amazing sound for that decade, and will sell tickets based on that niche & nostalgia. However it seems like they "pre-cummed" with their "RAGE".

Deafening silence during Bush's & Obama's terms, 9/11, post 9/11. The raping of the U.S. constitution under the guise of 'WAR' and the recent culture-war decade where (we are almost Canada now) and nearly have state sponsored child sex-reassignment surgery, and a father might go to jail if you oppose that demonic shit.

It's all so disgusting.
    What the fuck are they even going to sing/rap about at this point?
    Cut your son's dick off? Tax the air because a bartender w/ herpes and a ginger husband who neglect the 3 main industrialized nation-state polluters said so? Dissolve your territorial borders because you suffer from pathological altruism like a modern Swede?

Lolz I only read Bob's first post, but yeah, that's y I could never deal with this band. A lot of my mate's love(d) them. I just thought they were cringey.

I confess to being a fan of the first album. like noel's friends I thought Zach and 'em were for realz.

I more or less lost interest in any contemporary metal, rock and alt rock before their second album dropped so I never checked out the rest of their catalog. I did check out Audioslave's first album (always was a Chris Cornell fan), which had 2 members of RATM. 'Like a stone' is still my jam. Got part of the lyrics tattooed on my arm.

Tom Morello was (is?) an interesting guitar player

Quote Originally Posted by Max Chinroom View Post
    So..

Teen angst band whose politics never evolved past a high school level, and had parents that were Lawyers & Phds who provided an above average upbringing... became 'The Machine' and netted around $25 - $30 mil individually, but want to recreate their faux anti-establishment image, while stopping their shows to rant about why you should vote for the establishment politicians + central bankers and let Tom's Harvard grad Commie dick enter your butthole in his dressing room.

Leave it to RZA to not understand how cringey 'RATM' is in 2019. Retards would be lined up for this tour, so I wouldn't blame him for a quick cash grab then leave them high and dry like the 90's where nu-metal and power chords deserved to die.
    I just love your message. There's 100% truth in it. The older I am, the more I see that those anti-establishment bands are just anti-conservatives who don't give a single fuck about other people as long as their candidate is in charge.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Shaolin Master

A whole album of orange man bad.

Interesting posts! appreciate the info re RATM of which was unaware... makes one consider their music msg ina dif way now...

Am from Canada so wzup w that lol

Anywho to real point of this post-dropping out RATM tour in 97 was start of decline forWu and when internal issues reached a tipping point- therefore, aside form monetary motivation, teh vision goal can be seen as a chance at redemption and pick up the ball they dropped! something to consider...

Happy Fri!
    PEACE

RZA has not hit the mark once in the last 15 years so I'm not surprised. This is the guy that thought 2015 Russel Crow was his ticket to hollywood. Wutang is well beyond needing to link with another act to be relevant or have a successful show. What will this do? Introduce them to a white audience? I'm willing to bet they draw a bigger crowd that RAM now since this isn't 1996 anymore. You have a whole TV show and nobody is talking about RAM, but you think RAM is going to help you win. This is like when he linked up with Check Two for that Banks and Steel album.

Plus all the RAM fans MK Ultra switches have been hit and they're all establishment dick sucking lawn lizards and spend their days raging against timmy thicc and the fact that you can't say fag anymore.

Banned

T$A, you are 100% wrong here. Rage reuniting is huge for the whites. Rza knows what he’s doing trying to hop on this gravy train. Wu will probably fuck it up again.

Every Rage song Sounds the Same. Tom Morello Music is so boring. Even the last project With b real from cypress was so wack.prophets of Rage was mirein then auf Flop. Please stop the Rage. Im With the mashine nOw. New ghostface Album ist dope. New rebel ins Album ist dope. Now its Your turn Bobby. Put the guitar away und getan on Your sp12 again. In Gods Name.

Banned

RATM must still be suffering from PTSD from having to deal with Wu in 1997 because they chose Run the Jewels to open for them.

regardless of Wu, RTJ seems like a good opener for a band like ATM, uhm I mean RATM

Wu tang’s relevance and 97 are dead like ODB!