Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RZA on JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE (JRE # 1382)

Shaolin Master

Default RZA on JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE (JRE # 1382)

Its about fuckin time...

Wasted opportunity imo; it should have been just JR and RZA one to one.
    That Darnell dude - so fucking annoying, with his voice like nails scraping a chalkboard.
    Everytime RZA was about to expound on some jewels - that other prick brought the IQ level of the podcast all the way down to minus.
    Last edited by Sir Artsdradamus; 11-13-2019 at 08:44 PM.

this is still dope to me

around the hour 30min mark, Joe starts talking about legit wanting to purchase OATIS from Martin Shkreli

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    Its about fuckin time...

https://youtu.be/FDzDNcglUdo

That Darnell dude - so fucking annoying, with his voice like nails scraping a chalkboard.
    Everytime RZA was about to expound on some jewels - that other prick brought the IQ level of the podcast all the way down to minus.
    Nah, I've heard RZA be the artist/philosopher in interviews a billion times. It was a nice change up to see him off-balance and try to work around Donnell's paranoid self.

"Why you keep pointing at me?"

Like Mumm Ra said, there's a good chunk talking about OATIS, there's a chunk talking about Christbearer, there's a bit on martial arts, a bit on the Hulu show, the largest amount of time is on RZA's veganism & RZA freestyles at the very end

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    Its about fuckin time...

https://youtu.be/FDzDNcglUdo

Nah Donnell is a funny dude. Gonna watch this in full later.

Banned

Donnell was annoying as fuck. especially through the first half

Donnell is fucking stupid, and Cilvaringz is bugging for these big ass banners

Möder Props 4 These.
    The Abbot is bildungspolitisch korrekt digga

Shaolin Master

I understand that we have heard plenty of RZA being artist/philosopher... but that's just who he is as a person.
    In much the same way, you could say that you're tired of GZA talking about science and chess; or Meth complaining about the media; or Deck simplifying everything down to an analogy about football. At the end of the day a person will talk about what they are passionate about.
    For instance, when that idiot interrupted RZA to talk about "pussy-eating priests", RZA was in-on the joke, but he went on to turn the conversation into a philosophical musing about the mating ritual of eagles.

Joe Rogan has had great thinkers like Graham Hancock, John Anthony West on his show. This was the perfect platform for RZA to talk in-depth about his world view and spiritual beliefs.
    The conversation was heading that way very early-on. RZA was talking about the Bhagavad-Gita and Mahabrata. I found this to be interesting, as RZA's appreciation for Indian spirituality has grown and I wanted to hear more. He was talking about the Vedic culture measuring cycles of time and human history in increments of every 35,000 years (very much akin to the Mayan calendar). I was riveted at this point, and was anticipating RZA to expound on this, and the inadmissible evidence of supremely advanced ancient, pre-diluvial cultures - then - that douchebag with the IQ of a toilet-brush interrupted with: "the Bagavad-Gita, is that the Quaran?" - smh.

I just don't' understand the logic of having that crack-hound on there at the same time as the RZA. Mr Rogan would never have Eddie Bravo on with Brian Cox for instance. Seems they just paired them up cause, dude is black.
    RZA is a renaissance man, and it would have been great for Joe Rogan followers not familiar with RZA/Wu to hear the anecdotes, depth and insights this incredible human being has gained.
    Very much a wasted opportunity.

Joe is an imbecile, and you're 100% right on all of the above^
    Though ironically, I think the actual tragedy is that almost all of his fans are already wutang fans because they're in similar lanes. If not all then a percentage that would shock joe. Donnell Rawlings isn't funny. Joe blew it

Donnell did a separate podcast with Joe the same day. I bet what happened was that he asked if he could hang around for RZA and Joe was just being nice by letting him stay.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

The fake wu-tang album lives!

Shaolin Master

Mythrandir, you sound like a fun person at parties.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    Mythrandir, you sound like a fun person at parties.
    Naa... dont bother with parties.
    No one invites me anyways... 🤔

Watching now. RZA and Donnell fucking with each other is funny shit, some of RZA's reactions to Donnell are priceless.

RZA needs to go back for a 1 on 1.

Donnell didn’t shut the fuck up, and was rude as fuck honestly.