Thread: Sun Wukong - Caper

Take a listen to this gem

dope cover! gonna listen this afternoon after work

thanks for sharing

p.e.a.c.e.
    Retired.

very strong EP. I just finished my first listen. sorry, I only now got around to actually listening due to some other forum happenings. as always, very well produced, mixed and mastered. the kung fu dialogue snippets are much appreciated!

while the quarantine album had a lot of diversity on offer, this EP hits hard with seven tracks that fit together as a cohesive whole

I'll post a song by song review on my second listen
    Retired.

1. Intro - hits hard with those tribal drums and the horns, the relentless rhyming

2. Point Blank - very fast with the quick percussion and your uptempo flow. I'm somewhat reminded of the vibe on the Wu's 'Hellz Wind Staff' from the 'Forever' album. I like the lo fi breakdown around the two minute mark on this song too

3. Desert Cantines - dope song title. the beat reminds me of military marches, kind of like Killarmy. this is one of my favorite tracks on the EP. Portarok kills his verse too. I like his delivery, like I mentioned in the Quarantine album thread

4. Concrete Swordsmen - equally dope song title. another strong cut. 'I levitate / no time to hesitate'. your rhyming is once again top notch throughout. nice beat with the piano sample in the background

5. The Grandmasters
    - 'You probably saved our lives' I love that whole intro snippet. then the beat kicks in and it's ON. loving the violins. all four of you came correct. I'm always in for a monster posse cut like this one. Mr Ripley has a very clear delivery (I noticed that on the Quarantine album too). beat break at 02:30 is ace too. Nero has that raw delivery.

6. Blood Sacrifice - 'First justice must be served. Even if the man was my own son, I'd still have to execute him.' the violins are even better on this one. that true oriental vibe, as also comes across in your lyrics early on. good conscious lyrics on later on in the track as well

7. Certain Onez - an unexpectedly soulful ending to the EP with that niiice loop. makes me think of Bronze Nazareth. 'I'm tired of the hatred and self destruction'. another HIT SQUAD here w/ you, Portarok & Mr Ripley

great project! congrats.
    Retired.

peace and many thanks for listening. btw desert cantines is actually prod by 4th disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    1. Intro - hits hard with those tribal drums and the horns, the relentless rhyming

2. Point Blank - very fast with the quick percussion and your uptempo flow. I'm somewhat reminded of the vibe on the Wu's 'Hellz Wind Staff' from the 'Forever' album. I like the lo fi breakdown around the two minute mark on this song too

3. Desert Cantines - dope song title. the beat reminds me of military marches, kind of like Killarmy. this is one of my favorite tracks on the EP. Portarok kills his verse too. I like his delivery, like I mentioned in the Quarantine album thread

4. Concrete Swordsmen - equally dope song title. another strong cut. 'I levitate / no time to hesitate'. your rhyming is once again top notch throughout. nice beat with the piano sample in the background

5. The Grandmasters
    - 'You probably saved our lives' I love that whole intro snippet. then the beat kicks in and it's ON. loving the violins. all four of you came correct. I'm always in for a monster posse cut like this one. Mr Ripley has a very clear delivery (I noticed that on the Quarantine album too). beat break at 02:30 is ace too. Nero has that raw delivery.

6. Blood Sacrifice - 'First justice must be served. Even if the man was my own son, I'd still have to execute him.' the violins are even better on this one. that true oriental vibe, as also comes across in your lyrics early on. good conscious lyrics on later on in the track as well

7. Certain Onez - an unexpectedly soulful ending to the EP with that niiice loop. makes me think of Bronze Nazareth. 'I'm tired of the hatred and self destruction'. another HIT SQUAD here w/ you, Portarok & Mr Ripley

great project! congrats.