Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dom Pachino says Cilvaringz is a bloodsucker of the Wu

Veteran Member

That’s the main reason why cilvaringz put the 88 years clause.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Again, you’re talking nonsense. If you’d read the book you’d understand that the 88 year non-commercialization clause served 4 purposes.

1. We were a year ahead, without a sale. So we needed a new press cycle which was the MoMa exhibition + announcement of the 88 year thing. The 88 year restriction was easily going to get us a new press cycle.

2. When something in that price range doesn’t sell, you don’t lower its price like your last 2 kilos of tomatoes, but rather increase its value. You can do that through two things, either raise the price which we couldn’t do because the sales format was set to be a closed envelope bidding, so you then do something with its exclusivity. Making it unavailable to the rest outside the buyer has that effect. 88 years ties into the Wu-Tang numerology, and the next century angle serves an additional marketing strategy of conveying that number.

3. We were getting a bunch of offers, up in the 5 mil but all attached with a commercial angle. To communicate that this was not a pompous record release strategy but a genuine concept about the state, value and definition of music as art, we needed to put a stop to the commercial requests for the album. 88 years did just that.

4. The final and most important purpose was post101, or Plan B as we referred to in the book. Should the album not sell, I’d trigger an elaborate play of theatre through which the 88 year restriction would be circumvented by a ‘fake’ buyer who’d be working for us and somehow find a very clever loophole to the restrictions and get the album released. That plan is described in full in the book. The album however sold, and against everyone’s advice, I convinced Martin to play out the theatrics anyway which he did, but went too far with it. If you remember the calling me RZA’s lapdog interview etc etc, all that was a plan for release put into motion. But Martin proved unreliable and overexcited and went too far. Luckily, he was arrested on the day he was about to do something really stupid.

So there, the four purposes of the 88 year restriction.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 12-24-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Yo I gotta read that book lol
    Shit seems interesting

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

The book wouldn’t have been picked up by some highly prominent film producers and streaming service 1 year prior to its release, in PDF form, if it wasn’t an amazing story. Everything that played out behind the scenes is what made the story extra crazy.

nada ignorante

Has anynone on this forum actually read the book?
    N.I.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Going to have to check for it at Barnes And Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Has anynone on this forum actually read the book?
    yeah I bought and read it. in all honesty it was a good read

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    It seperates me from everyone else. Releasing the album normally would've gotten us maybe a week of attention and then it would've disappeared like every other record into oblivion. This record, is still being talked about, made the history books, has a book written about it, and now a movie in the making. Best choice I ever made. Surely you are capable of at least understanding that.
    Yeah, all about YOU, that's not how I have understood Wu.
    at least he's finally admitted to it. The arrogance of acting as if it's been anything other than a fame/money grab this whole time is probably what irks most Wu fans. I don't think anybody would disagree it that it didnt immensely benefit Cilva on a personal level. You see - zero percent of this is about actually creating art, being an artist, and putting out a product that garners respect. He produced and sold a story, not an album. Then he wonders why Wu-Tang fans don't respect him. And while the story sets him apart from other 'artists' yet doesn't have enough industry respect to even give out his beats for free. Laughable.
    You got some fame and will never be known for making any memorable music, congratulations. Sounds like a true 'artist.'

He found a way to get famous off the back of artists who actually got famous from making legendary art and it worked better than expected. That'll be his legacy. Just don't get all defensive when people call it a non Wu-Tang, fake album.
    At least in my musical career I did something that resonated globally and is forever remembered by peers, media and the common folk. That alone is worth having as an accolade, especially as an artist.
    lmao @ music career and artist when you dont have any music to provide

for all intents and purposes you sold two blank disks and a story, assuming nobody will ever hear it
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 12-24-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Hope that interpretation of events works for ya mate.

And I'm not famous. And I don't mind if people call it a fake Wu-Tang album, cause I simply don't care and you shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    at least he's finally admitted to it. The arrogance of acting as if it's been anything other than a fame/money grab this whole time is probably what irks most Wu fans. I don't think anybody would disagree it that it didnt immensely benefit Cilva on a personal level. You see - zero percent of this is about actually creating art, being an artist, and putting out a product that garners respect. He produced and sold a story, not an album. Then he wonders why Wu-Tang fans don't respect him. And while the story sets him apart from other 'artists' yet doesn't have enough industry respect to even give out his beats for free. Laughable.
    You got some fame and will never be known for making any memorable music, congratulations. Sounds like a true 'artist.'

He found a way to get famous off the back of artists who actually got famous from making legendary art and it worked better than expected. That'll be his legacy. Just don't get all defensive when people call it a non Wu-Tang, fake album.

lmao @ music career and artist when you dont have any music to provide

for all intents and purposes you sold two blank disks and a story, assuming nobody will ever hear it
    Yooo, word! This. Then all this increase value, press cycle, commercial angle, 😀 yoooo Cilva sounds like Shrek himself
    Last edited by laki420; 12-25-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Please don’t turn this into another 15 page OUATIS thread! lol

@ Cilva....do you still speak to Rza?

^ he said he had talked to him 2 days ago

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Dom,

Stop talkin shit and make more bangerz like this:
    Dom Pachino - Problem Child

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Dom Pachino needs to put out some more heat.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 12-27-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Ya'll can hate him all you want, but you can't front that a cilvaringz produced sunz of man album would have killed everything . Sometimes i wonder about certain things, i wonder if some affiliates even google themselves, pick the brains of fans they meet at shows and try to know what works/ what doesn't. I'm saying, i don't have to like a dude but if im an artist, making product i am going to sell. MAKING PRODUCT I HOPE WOULD YIELD A PROFIT, i am putting ego aside and i'm going for that shit. Its one thing to side with "your peoples" but if your bills aren't getting paid and you are missing out on opportunity to actually expand, i may have to be neutral and secure the bag. lets be honest, wu fans would eat up any sunz album with grungy dusty wu esque production.

this is a missed opportunity of epic proportions of i have ever seen one...............