Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Dom Pachino says Cilvaringz is a bloodsucker of the Wu

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I always make a point to directly tell Wu members or any hip hop artist I meet what their fans are looking for and to check social media and online reviews and get a feel for their audience. The Wu fan base is small these days, especially for affiliates, so they need to be particularly cognizant of what will keep their fans satiated..

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

If brothers knew their own success formula, the Wu and its world would still be king today in the sense of presence as they were in the 90s. Not saying I'M that formula, but you know what I mean. Me and LA have been talking. Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    If brothers knew their own success formula, the Wu and its world would still be king today in the sense of presence as they were in the 90s. Not saying I'M that formula, but you know what I mean. Me and LA have been talking. Who knows...
    ironically, a guy who seems to understand that to the fullest. a guy who will rep the w to the fullest, do his side shit but when its time to put out albums, goes right back to what made him go gold in the first place, notice that every leaked track of his based on his upcoming projects are reminiscent of heist of the century because he understands the fans expectation of him. i also love how he is careful not to associate his wu connection to his aphiliates ventures. its almost like a double life in the game,and he does it well because he UNDERSTANDS THE BUSINESS OF THE GAME. thats probably why he is still one of the few affiliates that did well for himself to this day

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Couldn't agree more Radio.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Ya'll can hate him all you want, but you can't front that a cilvaringz produced sunz of man album would have killed everything . Sometimes i wonder about certain things, i wonder if some affiliates even google themselves, pick the brains of fans they meet at shows and try to know what works/ what doesn't. I'm saying, i don't have to like a dude but if im an artist, making product i am going to sell. MAKING PRODUCT I HOPE WOULD YIELD A PROFIT, i am putting ego aside and i'm going for that shit. Its one thing to side with "your peoples" but if your bills aren't getting paid and you are missing out on opportunity to actually expand, i may have to be neutral and secure the bag. lets be honest, wu fans would eat up any sunz album with grungy dusty wu esque production.

this is a missed opportunity of epic proportions of i have ever seen one...............
    They don't, it's been like this since 2005...you'll have to keep bugging them about it in order for them to even THINK about it. These guys probably aren't interested in that sound anymore. Trying to make things happen their "own" way.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I want to agree with Radio, but there's a flip side. Sometimes I think the fans don't even know what the fuck they want. Do you make art to express yourself? Or just treat your art as a commodity? If it was only about commodity, we'd be getting more commercial bullshit. So perhaps listening to most fans could backfire because artists could think fans want what is most commercially viable and profitable. I've never wanted what most fans wanted.

There was a long time span on Wu Corp when it seemed many Wu fans bitched just to bitch. Nothing Wu put out would have been good enough because expectations were so high or else so diverse. Too many times people here shit on new Wu albums or refuse to give an album props until some huge consensus of the hip hop community has approved it. That's opposed to the old days when every new track Wu dropped was heat and people didn't complain because the insecure stans weren't listening anyways. THey were listening to puff daddy.

An artist grows and evolves and many Wu Fans want a Wu-Tang song like it is 1993 all over again like the Wu Is still hungry and struggling in the projects. That's not their lives anymore.

On the flip side, much of what Radio said is true. Sometimes you gotta give the people what they want and return to the chamber that made them supportive fans to begin with. I guess that means distinguishing your true fans who were with you from the start versus the bandwagon fans that came along later after it was safe for them to be a fan.