Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dom Pachino says Cilvaringz is a bloodsucker of the Wu

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I have always said if the Wu Elements do not get used enough in house, I would like to see them do full projects elsewhere. Boot Camp Clik would sound dope over a bunch of Cilvaringz tracks..

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Not at the moment. I'm producing beats. Really cool ones if I say so myself. But noone's really doing any projects. I had offered to produce the last Sunz album in full, at no charge, but the offer was declined. Ah well... Things are good.
    unfortunate. cilva beats would have fit sunz of man

We gotta be realistic. Cilva's beats (to me, no offense man) dont sound like they used to sound so it's hard for me to believe that the new beats he produces are so extra dope that we need to hear them now.
    but most important - neither Killah Priest nor Hell Razah and definitely nor 60 Sec or P Sunn on their prime. They've passed their prime many years ago and even with dope beats the album wouldn't have been even close to their earliest joints.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

The first thing I would've done is bring up old freestyle sessions of theirs in which they were spitting old rhymes nobody heard before. There's loads of those around. I would've told them to use those to a certain degree and build on that. I did that a little on Shaolin which brought out that grime in certain artists. As for the beats, Mental Chambers V (Spotify) are all beats that were average. Demos for bigger works. But if Mental Chambers V is weak to you then maybe you like the older stuff more. The older stuff was way too overproduced though.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 12-18-2019 at 12:54 PM.

If you listen to Barabbas The Brute for example, at 1.10 there's a small bit of Killah Priest there... or at the end of Grimson Tide at 3.30 there's a bit of Killa Sin & Deck. These were all try-outs working towards beats for Killarmy and Sunz. Nimrod is a beat I made for Ghost. The Looting Bastards was made for RZA. Slapboxing Jesus was for GZA. Riots for Deck with La The Darkman and Streetlife in mind. But like I said... they're beats working towards the main beats which I never released. Shaolin has got my best beats ever collected over the years, well produced, all really fitting the voices and rhymes of the appearing artists. Those tracks sound like actual songs, not beats with rhymes on them and then a fade out. Each song is an experience. That's because at that time I learned from RZA to leave a space for a voice and not overproduce which I used to do a lot. Original Man on Mental Chambers III was a beat I made for Sunz in 2006 I think.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 12-18-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I see, man
    You know better how this shit goes. As I said I ain't hating on your beats cause I know you can really make a fire - to be honest I'm still surprised how you made that "I" album cause everybody on it sounds so fresh that most of them (look 9th prince) haven't recorded nothing better to this day. I know you shittin' on this album cause you don't feel it no more but it was a dope especially for Wu fans

I believe the Sunz of Man album with your production would've been better plus the old freestyles you mentioned would've perfectly fit in.

Do you have any clue why all Wu hate you right now and don't wanna work with you? Is it because they still jealous or do they hold the grudge due to the OUATIS album? Cause I don't get it why SoM would turn down your beats when they can't afford 4th or True Master production and you're the closest to this sound

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    We gotta be realistic. Cilva's beats (to me, no offense man) dont sound like they used to sound so it's hard for me to believe that the new beats he produces are so extra dope that we need to hear them now.
    but most important - neither Killah Priest nor Hell Razah and definitely nor 60 Sec or P Sunn on their prime. They've passed their prime many years ago and even with dope beats the album wouldn't have been even close to their earliest joints.
    I respectfully disagree about SoM. P Sunn has gone through some kind of renaissance of late (solo stuff). Also, the dude has a good ear for dope beats.

60 Sec sounds good over the right beat, he needs some coaching on a good setting. Like on that solo album M-80 made happen for him. You gotta play to his strengths. He never was lyrical to begin with.

I don't see how KP fell off if you look at his last few official solo albums.

Hell Razah's been held back by health problems obviously but he's been putting in work steadily, admittedly not the same quality as before.

peace

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Do you have any clue why all Wu hate you right now and don't wanna work with you? Is it because they still jealous or do they hold the grudge due to the OUATIS album?
    there's a lot of soap opera ni66as in the wu (fam)

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I respectfully disagree about SoM. P Sunn has gone through some kind of renaissance of late (solo stuff). Also, the dude has a good ear for dope beats.

60 Sec sounds good over the right beat, he needs some coaching on a good setting. Like on that solo album M-80 made happen for him. You gotta play to his strengths. He never was lyrical to begin with.

I don't see how KP fell off if you look at his last few official solo albums.

Hell Razah's been held back by health problems obviously but he's been putting in work steadily, admittedly not the same quality as before.

peace
    I see your point but you can't deny all of em have gotten old and even though I still love KP and his lyrics you can't deny that his voice, cadence has worsened. The same shit goes with the Clan members. I used to love Ghost flow and now I find his flow kind of boring and it's a terrible thing for me beleive me. Meth stiill can flow but I loved his juvenile flow much much better.

Hell Razah hasn't aged that much but I don't feel his new shit in most cases. I love his 2010 album but it's been 10 years since it dropped.

true, the younger they were the fiercer they spit. in terms of flow I agree with you. subject matter & the way lyrics are put together some have stayed on the same level as before

deck is spitting noticeably slower on some of his more recent (solo) releases

I don't think age has got much to do with it other than maybe Raekwon. I noticed during the Shaolin recordings that lyrics and cadence and intensity were all driven by the beat. If the beat was right, the matching vibe would come. But, not always. Sin for example and Deck both were asked to redo their parts in full because I felt the power was missing. Redman as well, but to a much lesser degree. I agree on the Ghostface comment. But again, if you hear him on what I define as the 'right beats' you get that old school Ghostface back. Needless to add, Ghost takes the prize for best verse on Shaolin. Everyone that heard his verse on the title song bugged out. The story of the first time he put on a mask and what it did to him. That shit was fire. Sin was a close second I'd say. Made brothers rewrite their verses multiple times. And if you compare GZA from that time with how he laced his NINJA verse (reluctantly) on Shaolin, it's worlds apart. But we pushed for it to be performed harder and more intense, against his will almost I think. So in my opinion, it's all about the right production, both musically and guidance from the producer. Raekwon was the only one I couldn't get to sound like he did on Rawhide. I managed it once, on The Weeping Tiger, which made RZA give me a call and ask how I managed to get Rae to sound like that. But I never managed it again. So Rae was on more calmer compositions.

As for why the Clan hates me. That's a question you should ask them. But it's clear that Shaolin had a major role to play in it. And it's not crazy. it's one of the most iconic records, garnered the biggest media attention since Forever and with everybody thinking RZA and I took a million each, it became an emotional rollercoaster. The bullshit with it is how they're all now saying they didn't know about the album. How this is a fake Wu-Tang album. A wack album, etc etc.

If they really didn't know about this shit, do you think RZA and I would be so reckless to suddenly release the news about this thing without having spoken to everybody about it and having a democratically decided decision on it to move forward with it? If we didn't have that, wouldn't we have been slaughtered in the press by the entire Clan within 24 hours from announcement if they knew nothing about this? Can't say they missed the news, shit went so viral it was defined as the biggest musical news story of 2014.

But the contrary happened.

Masta Killa was the only other Clan member with a comment in the original Forbes article saying it was "a blessing to part of this musical portrait". Years later that musical portrait would be redefined by Killa as "I thought was some sort of a mixtape..." (Noreaga's drinking champs interview).

Raekwon said something similar... yet years earlier he saluted me as a genius with an ill idea and good execution. The proof is still there, on his Twitter (https://twitter.com/Raekwon/status/449273636005117952).

U-God claims this album was not Wu-Tang but some Frankenstein project, his manager is all over Mics & Men talking dirt about me on behalf of him. Then in his lawsuit against RZA he's saying the same. But on TMZ he's saying it IS their album, something HE made (https://www.tmz.com/2018/03/06/wu-ta...me-in-shaolin/).

And then there's Method Man and Ghostface, maybe the most vocal in their opposition to it all. In Mics & Men they claim it became a circus and they didn't wanna have a part in it. Ghostface says it's a fake Wu-Tang album, TRASH he calls it bluntly. But then why are they both on the Stephen Colbert show participating in a skit, talking to a Jeff Sessions cookie, trying to get the album back for the people? Who's participating in a circus now? And why get a fake/trashy Wu album back for the people? People want the real shit, not some fake and trashy shit surely.

But years ago Ghost wasn't saying all negative shit. If this was a fake Wu album and it was trash, it would've been a fake and trash from the get go. So why not say it then when he had all the oppertunity to go: "Nah hold up, that aint no Wu-Tang Clan album, that's some fake shit, and it's trash."

Wanna know what he said instead? -> https://youtu.be/qKicRlFQ5fc?t=444

Cause that's the truth. Unfortunately (for me), it seems the brothers can't make their minds up and it looks like they're happy to ride the wave when positive (press & praise from fellow industry folks), but happy to distance themselves from it and blame the easy target (me) when the riding gets tough (Martin Shkreli).

The Mics & Men director and producer know this, saw the proof, told me they were baffled by the 180 in their opinion on this album, but guess what, think they addressed it in the doc? Nope. Drama sells, so they edited and cut shit together and made it look like I hustled everybody. Well I be damned, little old Cilvaringz from Tilburg's got the mental capacity and Machavallian knowledge to hustle an entire group of wise individuals?

I can go on and on... but that's why there's a strong anti-Cilva movement I guess. But RZA and I are still ace. We just spoke two days ago and all is love. That's what really counts to me. Hope that answers your question.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 12-18-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Peace CT

Funny, their back and forth opinions about the “album” now add to the circus. And I usually do not defend u Ringz when it comes to this “album”. But in this case the writing is on the wall. Ringz went and got all the proof like he was going to court. Ha. As far as the documentary though we all know that’s what docs do. Not gonna get both sides as we saw with your boy MJ’s doc. Peace

fans & media dictate the game now where it used to be artists and (admittedly) record companies. more so in hiphop where 'credibility' is a thing. and what was 'credible' used to be defined by artists. now, not so much. the Internet & social media in particular play a large part in this. e'rybody and they momma got an opinion and they're vocal about (not just in music). they steer the debate in certain directions. they kind of take over the narrative. in all honesty more artists should say to the fans 'go fuck yourselves'. if you don't like my project, stay out of it / don't buy it. a lot of artists claiming to keep it wunhunnid stay well informed online about their fanbase's feels. that used to be gravy when it was a new thing ('oooh they're listening to us now!') over the last few years it's produced a mountainload of turds and endless DRAMA. I don't even wanna think about z rate wu affiliates refreshing wucorp pages by the effin hour to see how Wu Tang Clan Calendar Man Sir Artsdradamus feels about Wu-Syndicate teaming up with 5 Foot Hyper Sniper on a trap beat

applies to OUATIS too

rant over.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-18-2019 at 06:10 PM.

And Ghost, again : https://youtu.be/GrFoZXvL3ew?t=238

"Musically it was alright... kinda like 36 Chambers, decent, decent, it was real nice, I murdered everything I was on"