Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord Jamar is the original Stan

Default Lord Jamar is the original Stan

Lord Jamar speaks the truth !

Lord Jamar's problem is white rappers are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jamar View Post
    Real Niggaz don't listen to Em

Peace

/Thread

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Guess I am not a real niggah in his eyes. I was one of the very few blacks that embraced Eminem out of the gate. Once I heard Scary Movies/Nuttin To Do, that was all the convincing I needed. His early features are sick as well

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Guess I am not a real niggah in his eyes. I was one of the very few blacks that embraced Eminem out of the gate. Once I heard Scary Movies/Nuttin To Do, that was all the convincing I needed. His early features are sick as well
    I used to bump Scary Movies all the time. I completely forgot about it until one of Crooked I's Weeklys was a flip of that beat. So damn ill

For real, that Scary Movies verse was a murder verse. Shout out to Rob Reef Tewlow on the track..

Shaolin Master

Jamar should try and make some white friends, and then maybe he wouldn't hate white people so much.

_

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    Jamar should try and make some white friends, and then maybe he wouldn't hate white people so much.
    He doesn't hate white people. I believe he hates the notion that Hip-Hop, a black artform, is being co-opted by white folks, specifically how some white rappers (Eminem, Post Malone etc. etc.) get more notoriety/recognition than their black counterparts, who in a lot of cases are more skilled. But he's cool w/ some white emcees (R.A. the Rugged Man, Vinnie Paz, MC Serch etc. etc.), regularly does interviews with Vlad, it was a white A&R (Dante Ross) who signed him and a white actor (Dean Winters) who helped him land the role in Oz. I highly doubt all of them would associate with him if he hated white people.

Shaolin Master

Isn't Eminem considered one of the most skilled of all time? lol

Eminem is a skilled mc (His early/non commercial music is pretty good) but that’s not the point here. Lord Jamar isn’t dissing Eminem/white people he’s dissing their culture. It’s not a race thing but rather a subject matter thing.

I like Eminem, I think he’s a cool dude personally. I think he and even other white rappers are very aware of showing the proper respect and courtesy towards rap music but like Lord Jamar said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jamar View Post
    That shits limited, there’s only so much I can like that

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by SecretRival View Post
    He doesn't hate white people. I believe he hates the notion that Hip-Hop, a black artform, is being co-opted by white folks, specifically how some white rappers (Eminem, Post Malone etc. etc.) get more notoriety/recognition than their black counterparts, who in a lot of cases are more skilled. But he's cool w/ some white emcees (R.A. the Rugged Man, Vinnie Paz, MC Serch etc. etc.), regularly does interviews with Vlad, it was a white A&R (Dante Ross) who signed him and a white actor (Dean Winters) who helped him land the role in Oz. I highly doubt all of them would associate with him if he hated white people.

As an adult I can now see that Eminem was an industry plant. He was supposed to be Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre's cash in on the pop world. He's completely inauthentic and wore a gimmick suit for the best parts of his career which most ppl can see through after a certain age. He was also doing a 95' Ma$e/Big L/Cam'Ron impression style-wise. The idea of -out of nowhere- destroying your own mom for 3 albums straight is really fucking lame and there's little in me that wants to go back and listen to that gimmick all over again. Nobody, till this day can cite what she did to him lol. She thought there was something wrong I guess? He's literally a textbook autist. I think he's a decent guy, but his themes were stupid.

Once Dre and Iovine let go, he had nothing to talk about and has to reference his old gimmick as if it's an entirely different person, cause it wasn't him. I think that's wack. We're now dealing with the actual him and nobody likes it because he's lame and has nothing interesting to say.

I used to rank him #2 in my GOAT rappers list but after sitting down and really thinking about it, he dropped out of the top 5 pretty fast. I still respect his work on MMLP and SS LP and a little bit of the Eminem Show but once durag slim came I tapped out. And honestly, I think I only enjoyed MMLP and SSLP because I was 12-13. Neither hold up today at all. Melodramatic, cringe, immature themes from someone that's putting on a visible act - in a costume- to seem edgy to pre-teens.

His freestyles where he's just talking shit are his best work. As far as technique goes Em is the last level you reach before you become a great rapper. You master all of the technicalities and are able to do 'mc tricks' that would trick a new or casual listener into thinking your going off, but that's where it ends. This is why his freestyles are his best work. There are a lot of people trapped at this level like Corey Guns, Aesop Rock, Slaughterhouse, Chino LX, Kane, etc. Em isn't as trapped as they are and can surpass it but he has to be given subject matter and feedback from an external source because he has no interesting thoughts. Most rappers at this level's best work is them talking about how well they can rap. If they have to talk about something specific the technically takes a nosedive because they can't apply it to use beyond pyrotechnics. I think the final level is being able to to surpass those tricks and being you're own person. Bringing something new and refined to the table, or being able to use your skill to actually to communicate effectively. He also can't do anything outside of 'intense/dark' theme wise which is extra lame.

I think a lot of black ppl didn't get into Eminem because he's lame and he's not saying anything interesting to them, not cause he's white. His best work was beefing with Brittany Spears, rapping about how he can cuss, raping his mom, and beefing with Kim at a pitch of dramatic that didn't make sense. His music is also rhythm-less and not enjoyable. Mack Miller, Beastie Boys, Paul Wall, and Bubba Sparx all have sizable black followings.

Paul Wall definitely has a large black fanbase. Beastie Boys do as well, although I really have not heard too many blacks other blacks bumping them. I think blacks just listened to Bubba Sparxxx because of the Timbaland co sign, he is basically Yelawolf before Yelawolf existed like how Chino XL is Eminem before Eminem existed. I have NEVER heard anybody black bumping Yelawolf, his albums are actually the only Shady Records albums I have never purchased. The backwoods, redneck image does not appeal to me. Same reason why most blacks do not accept Kid Rock or Insane Clown Posse. Do not know much about Mac Miller, but he seemed to be popular with the younger, black, teen generation. It is basically the exact opposite with P!nk, whose debut album, Can't Take Me Home, was constructed by her label to cross market her to an urban (black) audience. They forced that image on her. She has said herself Missundazstood is her real debut album and what she wanted to do the first time. So when people say P!nk is another one of those people that used urban music as a stepping stone and abandoned it as soon as she got where she wanted to go, I just laugh. What do you think about Eminem's music production and acting skills TSA?

thread made me listen to 'Scary Movies' again. still sounds fresh. unlike most of his other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    thread made me listen to 'Scary Movies' again.
    Never heard this track before? That Royce da 5”9 verse is crack!

Not certain why Eminem thought that going at Donald Trump was going to end well for him..
    He even acknowledged himself that doing so cut his own fanbase in half. Two years later and Revival is still only gold. Huge flop by Eminem standards