Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I clutch my purse when walking down the street and I cross paths with a black kid

Default I clutch my purse when walking down the street and I cross paths with a black kid

Alright , just felt the need to share this story incase there's a midwesterner of color here who might travel through that area.

Around this time around here, it get super cold and white, basically snow falls in epic proportions so getting around ain't too easy. A friend of mine in Milwakee extended and invitation for me to come kick it with some other old buddies. Usually, i would book a flight there but it was damn near 50 degrees out here and its roughly about 3 hours away so i said fuck it, why not drive. Besides if you have ever driven on that 94 highway all the way to OHio, It is truly magnificent, beautiful hills, vegetation, scenes, you name it, its worth the drive sometimes.

So here i am, decide to leave late afternoon, bags packed up and grabbed my Usb drives with all my beats on them, I usually connect a drive reader in the cigarette lighter section and let the beats go for most part, while thinking of concepts flows ,etc, you know the whole track making creative process so basically i hit the road and its a pretty straight forward drive until suddenly a signal hijacks my Usb reader signal, which is 98.9 and my music slowly fades away to nothingness.

at this point, some evengelical christian radio station comes on and first, starts with these really old old christmas carols, almost as if they were sang by a choir in the 20's, after every song, they would play testimonials from people which were borderline creepy, i mean these guys were talking about the world ending, satan lurking around and how Trump was christ and he was gonna save the world from jews and illegal immigrants. i wanted to turn off the station but the absurdity of what i was listening to was captivating so i kept listening and thinking to myself in awe "wow, there are people like this in this country??" then, ofcourse, some guy comes on and is telling everyone to vote for trump and save the world from eternal damnation so i'm just like,OK, this is one of those places.

i kept driving and while all the madness was playing in my car when i saw a huge sign, Tomah, wisconsin so now i had confirmation of where i was.
    Anyways drove for about another 15 minutes when my car tells me, my gas is on reserve so now i knew i had to fill up again. Now usually i'd stop at an Oasis or more gas stations at exists that were very populated but the dire need for gas meant i needed to stop at the nearest exit and fill up and so driving a bit more with luck on my side, i see an exit, it tells me, food, lodging and gas at the next exit. i take the exit.

Usually, Gas exits would lead you to a gas station in about 5 minutes tops. that is usually the layout in these highways. Intentional for these kinda situations but for some reason, i found myself driving longer than usual in a wooded , tree heavy area, eerie and quiet and just the whole feeling of wrong. of course i chucked it up to paranoia and drove on. found a gas station that looked old and beat down, like it had been there for hundreds of years without any sort of care or renovations. But im thinking, who cares what it looks like, if they have gas , thats all that matters to me so i park by pump 2.

walk into this old dirty smelly gas station and im perusing some of their wares. basically what looked like old stale food and untouched candy on the shelves. i grab a milky way bar and head to the empty counter. stood there for about 2 minutes wondering why no one was coming out then some blonde white girl walked out of the other room across from the counter. Upon seeing me, she went paler than she already was. Almost as if she had seen a ghost or i had just murdered someone. To ease her tension i try to make a corny joke like "sleep back there?", she responded seriously like "no, i was about to grab lunch..but i need to ask you, are you from around these parts?" then peeks out the window, see's my car plates and says "ok you aren't from here, that's why you dont know"

so at this point, i'm confused so i ask her, " whats wrong?", she responds "do you need gas badly? do u have enough gas to get in your car and get out of here and find a different gas station?". I'm like "No, i'm basically running on fumes right now , something wrong?". She responded "you seen any truck or cars outside?" , im like "Not really, plus its dark so i wasn't paying attention". She tells says with urgency, "put your hoody on, fill your tank as quickly as possible, get in your Car and step on it as hard as you can back to the freeway, once you get on there...you're good". So at this point, i realize she isn't joking around so as i'm paying for the gas i ask her "whats wrong? something i need to know? why are u rushing me outta here?" and she responds "dude, no offense, people like you aren't supposed to be here after dark, you aint from here so i dont blame you for not knowing.". i asked "people like me?", she responded emphasizing "yes black people, have you heard of a sundown town? because if you have, you are in one, if you haven't take my advice, fill up and get out quick. So at this point, i knew what needed to be done. wore the hoody and went out to pump as quick as possible.

as I'm pumping the gas with my hoody on, about a few minutes later, right by the station, a truck engine comes on and the light are beamed right at me, i keep my head down pump as the light go from dim to bright, almost as if they were trying to make sure of who i am. As soon as the tank was full, i hopped in the car, and hauled as..behind me the truck paced following as i stepped on it. (thank god for german ingenuity) because it flew the fuck outta there until i hit the highway and slowly they backed up and went back.

never ever had an experience like this and was the first time i had ever heard of a sundown town. so basically i am saying , if you get to the Tomah wisconsin area... and you a POC. be very very careful

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Alright , just felt the need to share this story incase there's a midwesterner of color here who might travel through that area.

Around this time around here, it get super cold and white, basically snow falls in epic proportions so getting around ain't too easy. A friend of mine in Milwakee extended and invitation for me to come kick it with some other old buddies. Usually, i would book a flight there but it was damn near 50 degrees out here and its roughly about 3 hours away so i said fuck it, why not drive. Besides if you have ever driven on that 94 highway all the way to OHio, It is truly magnificent, beautiful hills, vegetation, scenes, you name it, its worth the drive sometimes.

So here i am, decide to leave late afternoon, bags packed up and grabbed my Usb drives with all my beats on them, I usually connect a drive reader in the cigarette lighter section and let the beats go for most part, while thinking of concepts flows ,etc, you know the whole track making creative process so basically i hit the road and its a pretty straight forward drive until suddenly a signal hijacks my Usb reader signal, which is 98.9 and my music slowly fades away to nothingness.

at this point, some evengelical christian radio station comes on and first, starts with these really old old christmas carols, almost as if they were sang by a choir in the 20's, after every song, they would play testimonials from people which were borderline creepy, i mean these guys were talking about the world ending, satan lurking around and how Trump was christ and he was gonna save the world from jews and illegal immigrants. i wanted to turn off the station but the absurdity of what i was listening to was captivating so i kept listening and thinking to myself in awe "wow, there are people like this in this country??" then, ofcourse, some guy comes on and is telling everyone to vote for trump and save the world from eternal damnation so i'm just like,OK, this is one of those places.

i kept driving and while all the madness was playing in my car when i saw a huge sign, Tomah, wisconsin so now i had confirmation of where i was.
    Anyways drove for about another 15 minutes when my car tells me, my gas is on reserve so now i knew i had to fill up again. Now usually i'd stop at an Oasis or more gas stations at exists that were very populated but the dire need for gas meant i needed to stop at the nearest exit and fill up and so driving a bit more with luck on my side, i see an exit, it tells me, food, lodging and gas at the next exit. i take the exit.

Usually, Gas exits would lead you to a gas station in about 5 minutes tops. that is usually the layout in these highways. Intentional for these kinda situations but for some reason, i found myself driving longer than usual in a wooded , tree heavy area, eerie and quiet and just the whole feeling of wrong. of course i chucked it up to paranoia and drove on. found a gas station that looked old and beat down, like it had been there for hundreds of years without any sort of care or renovations. But im thinking, who cares what it looks like, if they have gas , thats all that matters to me so i park by pump 2.

walk into this old dirty smelly gas station and im perusing some of their wares. basically what looked like old stale food and untouched candy on the shelves. i grab a milky way bar and head to the empty counter. stood there for about 2 minutes wondering why no one was coming out then some blonde white girl walked out of the other room across from the counter. Upon seeing me, she went paler than she already was. Almost as if she had seen a ghost or i had just murdered someone. To ease her tension i try to make a corny joke like "sleep back there?", she responded seriously like "no, i was about to grab lunch..but i need to ask you, are you from around these parts?" then peeks out the window, see's my car plates and says "ok you aren't from here, that's why you dont know"

so at this point, i'm confused so i ask her, " whats wrong?", she responds "do you need gas badly? do u have enough gas to get in your car and get out of here and find a different gas station?". I'm like "No, i'm basically running on fumes right now , something wrong?". She responded "you seen any truck or cars outside?" , im like "Not really, plus its dark so i wasn't paying attention". She tells says with urgency, "put your hoody on, fill your tank as quickly as possible, get in your Car and step on it as hard as you can back to the freeway, once you get on there...you're good". So at this point, i realize she isn't joking around so as i'm paying for the gas i ask her "whats wrong? something i need to know? why are u rushing me outta here?" and she responds "dude, no offense, people like you aren't supposed to be here after dark, you aint from here so i dont blame you for not knowing.". i asked "people like me?", she responded emphasizing "yes black people, have you heard of a sundown town? because if you have, you are in one, if you haven't take my advice, fill up and get out quick. So at this point, i knew what needed to be done. wore the hoody and went out to pump as quick as possible.

as I'm pumping the gas with my hoody on, about a few minutes later, right by the station, a truck engine comes on and the light are beamed right at me, i keep my head down pump as the light go from dim to bright, almost as if they were trying to make sure of who i am. As soon as the tank was full, i hopped in the car, and hauled as..behind me the truck paced following as i stepped on it. (thank god for german ingenuity) because it flew the fuck outta there until i hit the highway and slowly they backed up and went back.

never ever had an experience like this and was the first time i had ever heard of a sundown town. so basically i am saying , if you get to the Tomah wisconsin area... and you a POC. be very very careful

Sorry to know about this bad experience. My question is how'd they know you were at that gas station? Someone looking out or someone ratted you out? Either way, I am glad that you're safe and sound.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Sorry to know about this bad experience. My question is how'd they know you were at that gas station? Someone looking out or someone ratted you out? Either way, I am glad that you're safe and sound.
    thanks g

i think those folks were already out there...weird places out here smh

{>____<}

thanks g

i think those folks were already out there...weird places out here smh
    I've traveled through cow towns and nothing. It sucks that certain races are subject with crap like this. Meanwhile, you have those people who tell you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and it's 2019. What a world we live in because they look at it as "killing the monsters".
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 12-27-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Shaolin Master

Which movie was this from?

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I've traveled through cow towns and nothing. It sucks that certain races are subject with crap like this. Meanwhile, you have those people who tell you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and it's 2019. What a world we live in because they look at it as "killing the monsters".
    Yea man, thats truth.
    another thing i got from this is, no matter how much you teach hate, some people refuse to hate and be part of it like that chick. its 2020 and shit like this still persists, sad

Quote Originally Posted by Max Chinroom View Post
    They also have these places called sundown cities like St. Louis or Baltimore where if you are white and pump gas in the wrong neighborhood late at night, you are instantly getting assaulted and robbed, sometimes murdered.

I know this because youtube and liveleak have existed for almost 2 decades.
    Yeah
    alotta hoods do have this. Not doubting it at all

Banned

We should all have listened to what our grandfathers were telling us when they told us to stick to our own kind.

Banned

It’s like Grand theft auto San Andreas where the rural areas were all farmers with pitchforks looking to kill Carl.

Making a Murderer was enough to tell me that whatever lurks outside Wisconsin’s main cities doesn’t want anyone else there.

Trust trying to help someone who may be in that area, wish it was some attempt at script writing , I’d actually feel less creeped out than i still am, i initially didn’t wanna share this story but i wanted to have this conversation and see if there are any other towns like these out there where y’all live

{>____<}

Luckily, Grave's alive. No one should be taking sides here. I feel sorry for anyone who is scared.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 12-27-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Even here in Minnesota , places like pine city are a no no for certain races, the place is rife with incest, poverty and supremacists, pretty sure every state has one of these

{>____<}

Even here in Minnesota , places like pine city are a no no for certain races, the place is rife with incest, poverty and supremacists, pretty sure every state has one of these
    As I said before, what a world we live in. We can only do out best.

What's with all of these 'Can you believe white people are racist' black people lol. I have never seen a collective so dedicated to letting you know they're 100% demonic and only exist to be adverse to everything living and unliving. But at the same time nobody believing them and casually 'finding out' every morning.

also LOL at 'hood' targeting 'white people' and Robby trying to make sundown towns a black thing then your slow poke ass complying with his loop-chinned 'they were literally giving white people free land why were you born poor' lie because he read your novel. The only thing that can save you loving trusting ass niggas is heroine working it's course. Global Warming would have done it but you fools went and gave you know who air conditioning. Just waking up day and learning that fire is hot over and over, it's annoying.

Graveyard Shifter: Hey these white ppl were trying to kill me for being black.
    Jaws: Did you know that black people don't let white people go to Los Angeles after 8.
    Graveyard Shifter: Yeah. Ahuck Ahuck.

Dumb fuck lol