Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 death pool - MF Doom died

one hit wonder Ricky Valance (82)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...-12846402/amp/

back when Laura's pronouns weren't 'they', 'them' and 'their'

rip to aunt jemima

I don't get why people don't accept that the past is the past.

Blackface (and whiteface while we're on the topic) was NEVER funny. Who gives a shit? Just let it fade away into obscurity.

Dame Vera Lynn (103)

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-dies-aged-103

I've got a lot of music from the 30s, 40s and 50s at home, very relaxing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    @dooch, let's see if he's been reading his A,B, & Z's rants.
    I'm a fan of liberal democracy, it seems pretty dope compared to the alternatives.

But nothing lasts forever. History shows a series of empires and old ways dying. In the technological age its dumb to expect that this won't speed up. I think we're generally moving in the right direction, everything was worse for people at every point in history.

My personal feeling is that new technology is going to make a lot of the current debates irrelevant, but it will probably replace them with a lot of new conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    2020 LET'S GET IT.

Juelz Santana
    Kenny Rogers
    Joe Pesci
    Ralph Nader
    Burt Bacharach
    Kirk Douglas
    Betty White
    assorted Kennedy family members (train, plane & automobile accidents)

since I've never gotten one right we can safely assume they'll get by just fine in 2020. bless 'em all

your picks?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...-dead.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    genuinely funny, the Onion did well here

Banned

Lee Towers, this is a celebrity death pool. not sure who these people are that you're listing but i think the last few pages of deaths you listed are just from the obituary section of your hometown newspaper.

You're still pissed about the Kennedies, right? hahaha

no seriously, a lot of my posts here are about artists whose death is covered extensively all over European media. interestingly it seems that a lot of African musician celbrity deaths seems to be covered in Europe (not in the US?) - maybe because of cultural ties because of the history of the colony - occupant relationship? - while a lot of US sportsmen celebrity deaths (except Kobe) do not seem to get any coverage in Europe at all

one of the things that holds a lot of appeal to me on this forum is that I get US news through US eyes and world news through US eyes too. mostly it has helped me to broaden my view just a little (esp on how Americans view US politics, on both sides of the political spectrum, and how this view is often NOT represented in European coverage of US politics)

just a small serious note

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    You're still pissed about the Kennedies, right? hahaha

no seriously, a lot of my posts here are about artists whose death is covered extensively all over European media. interestingly it seems that a lot of African musician celbrity deaths seems to be covered in Europe (not in the US?) - maybe because of cultural ties because of the history of the colony - occupant relationship? - while a lot of US sportsmen celebrity deaths (except Kobe) do not seem to get any coverage in Europe at all

one of the things that holds a lot of appeal to me on this forum is that I get US news through US eyes and world news through US eyes too. mostly it has helped me to broaden my view just a little (esp on how Americans view US politics, on both sides of the political spectrum, and how this view is often NOT represented in European coverage of US politics)

just a small serious note
    It’s been interesting seeing a black lives matter march in London when it seems to be completely a American domestic issue.

I’m assuming that’s just a result of US centric media coverage In the UK.

Or at least American issues being more tied with Britain that other places in Europe.

rip to the statue of teddy roosevelt outside the museum of natural history in new york. it was removed cause of liberal mental disorder.

just sent the homie Novak Djokovic my preferred list of participants for his little tournament next year - anything to get me a head start in the 2021 death pool
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-23-2020 at 08:03 AM.