once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Forgot sports betting is still in the "recreational marijuana" phase

Default Forgot sports betting is still in the "recreational marijuana" phase

https://www.businessinsider.com/stat...gal-usa-2019-7

I was wondering how this platform no one will use other than for loop holes around the IRS and state laws would function or gain traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Weak erections and watery nut.

MOLDAVIAN BROADCASTING Hal Incandenza's Avatar

I'm genuinely surprised by that chart. I mistakenly assumed sports betting was okayed by federal us law.

Over here in Backwardistan online sports betting companies are among the biggest sponsors of teams in various sports, including the most popular ones soccer and cyclo-cross (the latter is the most watched sport on tv in winter). then there's traditional betting sports like horse racing that have gone digital too and have blown up

sports betting taxes could generate huge income for states, probably along the lines of the revenue of the 3% tax rate on the legal marijuana industry in Colorado
    Last edited by Hal Incandenza; 12-31-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar

i don't understand why people want legal sports betting. everyone knows a bookie. when you win, you don't have to pay taxes. who wants to pay taxes on their gambling winnings.

a couple weeks ago, i was working with someone who was in a football pool where if his team won, he won A LOT of money. If his team lost, he got nothing. so he wanted to hedge his bet and bet the money line the other way. problem was we were about 3 hours from Pennsylvania and FanDuel won't let him make a bet outside of PA. He considered driving 3 hours back to the state line, but instead he signed his mother up for an account and made her make the bet for him. She was yelling at him for placing such a large bet. he was trying to explain to her that it was a small amount compared to what he was guaranteed to win, but she didn't understand. she made the bet anyway, but it didn't matter because his team won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"

Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.

Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    i don't understand why people want legal sports betting. everyone knows a bookie. when you win, you don't have to pay taxes. who wants to pay taxes on their gambling winnings.
    true. I'd think the pull for legal betting would come from (state) governments with revenue in mind, not from sports fans themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post

a couple weeks ago, i was working with someone who was in a football pool where if his team won, he won A LOT of money. If his team lost, he got nothing. so he wanted to hedge his bet and bet the money line the other way. problem was we were about 3 hours from Pennsylvania and FanDuel won't let him make a bet outside of PA. He considered driving 3 hours back to the state line, but instead he signed his mother up for an account and made her make the bet for him. She was yelling at him for placing such a large bet. he was trying to explain to her that it was a small amount compared to what he was guaranteed to win, but she didn't understand. she made the bet anyway, but it didn't matter because his team won.
    He should tried installing a proxy tool first and attempted to login through a connection in Philly.

This is the type of thing that non Italians worry about.

If I want to bet I can go through a variety of people.

But I really don’t bet.

A variety of guys who know a guy who knows a guy?

it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    it is what it is
    They wouldn’t dare!