Thread: Joker!!!!!!!!!!

Default Joker!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so for those who dont know Joaquin Phoenix made this movie called "im still here" where he becomes a rapper it was pretty dope when i saw it so when i heard about this new joker movie i got hype. a joker origin story. R.I.P. Heath Ledger. when i was watching it i can see the indie artistic perspectives and aesthetics in the film because of the retro setting. something that has been a bit in the decline since todays youth and culture has taken a bit more lit approach. Joaquin Phoenix is an artist i give this movie two thumbs up reallly good movie fire!
    BLAKFOXZ

The ABBOTT

I got this movie for Christmas. I can see why it received nominations, really well done. Joaquin Phoenix really took this character in a different direction then before. Hard to believe that the director of this was kind of a unknown.

yeah this movie is ace. Phoenix' performance is so physical, he really USES his body

very disquieting movie too

I only knew the director from Starsky & Hutch (so so movie imo) and the first Hangover movie (really enjoyed that one)

I still have to check out 'I'm still here' and 'her' w/ Phoenix
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    yeah this movie is ace. Phoenix' performance is so physical, he really USES his body

very disquieting movie too

I only knew the director from Starsky & Hutch (so so movie imo) and the first Hangover movie (really enjoyed that one)

I still have to check out 'I'm still here' and 'her' w/ Phoenix
    Her is crazy and it’s even weirder and more realistic now than it was when I saw it five or so years ago which is pathetic for human beings.

I can’t even watch it again tho it’s so pathetic but it’s good. Worth a watch

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Her is crazy and it’s even weirder and more realistic now than it was when I saw it five or so years ago which is pathetic for human beings.

I can’t even watch it again tho it’s so pathetic but it’s good. Worth a watch
    Check out the movie Lars and the Real Girl. It stars Ryan Gosling. Similar plot to HER, similarly pathetic.

Yea Lars and the Real Girl is good.
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Check out the movie Lars and the Real Girl. It stars Ryan Gosling. Similar plot to HER, similarly pathetic.
    Lol yea I saw that too. Same review as Her.

The town just pretends it’s normal. Just like today when people pretend whackos are normal. I guess these movies were ahead of their time.