Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie 'Contagion' Might Be Happening IRL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    White-nationalist Brock is a little too happy that black people can get the corona
    Feel the Beeeeeeerrrrnnnn!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    China dealt with this horribly. South Korea appear to be dealing with it better, I'm not there to check on that though.

This whole scenario just proves that globalization is the only route.
    Taiwan has dealt with it well, especially if you take into view how close Taiwan is to China. (Hell, China claims Taiwan still IS China.) They took severe measures after the SARS and MERS outbreaks.

Singapore has done well too. I wouldn't want to live there though. Basically it's a dictatorship out there.

Most of the countries with few hospital beds are gonna get fucked in the bum real soon. here's the figures (second list on the page)https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.MED.BEDS.ZS

This is one of the reasons why I think the UK and the Netherlands are gonna go down soon (especially with their 'immunity spread' method). Denmark and Sweden have a below average number of hospital beds too. US numbers are only relevant by state number of course.

I was surprised to see how some of the countries in Eastern Europe have a lot of hospital beds, more so than many Western European countries.

EDIT : if there aren't enough hospital beds and wards confirmed and unconfirmed COVID19 patients (patients with symptoms who haven't been tested yeat) are in the same room and are kind of in MORE danger than if they were at home. sort of. this is what is happening in Italy and in Spain now. for some reason there is massive coverage of the Italian health disaster over here; idk why
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 03-22-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    The Peking Plague made its way to Northern Italy en masse due to the hundred thousand plus migrant Chinese workers that are there.
    a few people who migrated from Northern Italy to Belgium (I know a few Eastern European families that have their own restaurants in my home town and used to live in Italy) told me this as well some time last week when we got to talking about the virus. they were talking about big cities like Milan. before, I had no idea there were so many Chinese people living in Italy

btw my very first serious girlfriend (who I met when I lived in Germany) lives in Milan and has been doing volunteer service with her (now) husband as ambulance helpers for years. I hope they're doing alright. they're not the kind of people who'd say : we're staying out of this one, we'll help during the next crisis. He used to be a soldier in the Italian army (she made him change jobs), she's in the publishing industry. It's the only time since I left social media that I wish I was still in touch with someone (= her)

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Taiwan has dealt with it well, especially if you take into view how close Taiwan is to China. (Hell, China claims Taiwan still IS China.) They took severe measures after the SARS and MERS outbreaks.

Singapore has done well too. I wouldn't want to live there though. Basically it's a dictatorship out there.

Most of the countries with few hospital beds are gonna get fucked in the bum real soon. here's the figures (second list on the page)https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.MED.BEDS.ZS

This is one of the reasons why I think the UK and the Netherlands are gonna go down soon (especially with their 'immunity spread' method). Denmark and Sweden have a below average number of hospital beds too. US numbers are only relevant by state number of course.

I was surprised to see how some of the countries in Eastern Europe have a lot of hospital beds, more so than many Western European countries.
    It's so difficult to predict. I just wrote a few sentences trying to predict, then realized that was a silly idea.

Banned

It's so difficult to predict. I just wrote a few sentences trying to predict, then realized that was a silly idea.
    What’s so difficult to grasp? It’s making its way around the globe. It’s not going to kill 1/3 of the population it’s not that kind of deadly, this isn’t pre germ theory medicine. People are going to die but when we magnify it and watch the death count every hour, it’s going to seem like the worst thing.

You can slow it maybe but you’re not stopping it. You might have had it already but weren’t even aware.

When you consider the 7.53 billion people on earth and then look at it against 13,000 dead, even if it becomes 1 million dead that’s only .01 percent of humans dying from it. And I’m going extreme with 1 million.

Every time someone famous gets it the media reports it like they just got diagnosed with HIV or like it’s a chronic illness that they’ll eventually die from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    What’s so difficult to grasp? It’s making its way around the globe. It’s not going to kill 1/3 of the population it’s not that kind of deadly, this isn’t pre germ theory medicine. People are going to die but when we magnify it and watch the death count every hour, it’s going to seem like the worst thing.

You can slow it maybe but you’re not stopping it. You might have had it already but weren’t even aware.

When you consider the 7.53 billion people on earth and then look at it against 13,000 dead, even if it becomes 1 million dead that’s only .01 percent of humans dying from it. And I’m going extreme with 1 million.

Every time someone famous gets it the media reports it like they just got diagnosed with HIV or like it’s a chronic illness that they’ll eventually die from.
    I understand what the virus is, I've posted information earlier in the thread which says the same shit ffs.

The problem is there are all kinds of other ramifications that could quickly spiral out of control. In the UK the government says this could be a disruptive problem for up to a year. Others say much less than that. I don't have a crystal ball, therefore I can't predict it.

Banned

I understand what the virus is, I've posted information earlier in the thread which says the same shit ffs.

The problem is there are all kinds of other ramifications that could quickly spiral out of control. In the UK the government says this could be a disruptive problem for up to a year. Others say much less than that. I don't have a crystal ball, therefore I can't predict it.
    Well hopefully next time this happens, and it will happen again, all of these countries have stockpiles of supplies, and emergency plans for beds and temporary hospitals ready.

With the amount of money spent on healthcare around the world I’m surprised they weren’t ready.

They can blame politicians and governments all they want but the money that goes into the hospital systems, they’re capable.

Thats what this whole thing is about. Not overwhelming hospitals. If they could handle it nobody would be quarantined. It’s not about people dying. They know it’s what it is.

yeah you might be right about a recession turning into a worldwide depression later on this year. 2020 is probably a wrap in terms of economy and finance. China might bounce back (some) in the 3rd or 4th quarter, maybe. that's probably it though

everybody be safe out there. I'm rooting for posters on here (US - UK - Turkey - Holland) their country doesn't go the Italy/Spain route

peace

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Max Chinroom View Post
    Lockdown time for my city!

Glad the Mayor decided to revert his decision on closing dispensaries and liquor stores, otherwise people would snap. I think we are truly fucked though and might be see a second great depression. Everything went downhill since 9/11. We really are in an alternate timeline. Even Tom Brady left the Patriots to fizzle out his career with the Cucckaneers. I'm placing the blame for this predicament on CERN and the Swiss. They should've stuck to making useful pocket knives instead of fucking up reality.
    Really? Michigan shut down, too. Why do you think certain businesses are open during this time? They're calling them "essential". You can still order and pick up food, get your car fix, construction companies are open, and weed shops. I'm still working on project in the field even through most people are working from home (lol).

The government will pump money into the economy to keep it from collapsing into a super great depression. No one wants to see 40% unemployment rate.

Trump is saying that no virus will stop cashflow and we must remain open for business regardless of the death toll.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

My job is so inessential, I couldn’t begin to tell you. But because we do business with essential companies, we are still working.

We had a conference call the other day, and my manager is basically telling us “just don’t catch the virus.” His advice was don’t go near people that look sick.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Really? Michigan shut down, too. Why do you think certain businesses are open during this time? They're calling them "essential". You can still order and pick up food, get your car fix, construction companies are open, and weed shops.
    Are you implying that they're not essential? I mean weed shops are debatable, but people still need food, and may need to travel as well. I know Trump is heavily connected to the building industry, but builders are still working in the UK as well so there must be some other reason I'm not seeing why its necessary for them to continue. It might just be that the economic cost of delaying building work would be horrible.

with more strip clubs closing down and the dancers finding other jobs, don't forget to support things such as boober eats.

{>____<}

Are you implying that they're not essential? I mean weed shops are debatable, but people still need food, and may need to travel as well. I know Trump is heavily connected to the building industry, but builders are still working in the UK as well so there must be some other reason I'm not seeing why its necessary for them to continue. It might just be that the economic cost of delaying building work would be horrible.
    No. I'm just stating what businesses are open.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty