Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Movie 'Contagion' Might Be Happening IRL

The whole situation stinks. The world needs to hold China responsible for this and everything else they're doing. It's enough of doing business with that horrible regime.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Immunity would take months, the whole herd immunity strategy was a complete failure in Sweden which has the highest death rate per capita. Consider Sweden is also nowhere near as densely populated as some other nations just proves that until a vaccine the only way to stop the spread of the virus was through a lockdown. Though at this point the economies have taken such a hit that many would prefer deaths than forcing another lockdown.

England has opened up and the streets have been packed for 2-3 weeks now, yesterday the barbars opened and people were queuing outside like morons.

There doesn't seem to be an increase in number of cases reported, the numbers are continuing to decrease. Nobody knows the real testing numbers though as some of the data is quite dodgy. The virus is still around but doesn't seem to be as deadly as it was before but that's just going from analysing the data. This pandemic has shown how jumbled up the science world is, I've read countless journals and reports which contradict each other. Data from different countries contradict data from another. One country says 'this drug works' while the other says it makes things worse. One thing is certain though and that is China fucking lied.
    Yea it’s pretty simple to understand. And it’s not something the world needs to be completely shut down for. Just got to deal with it like we deal with other risks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    The whole situation stinks. The world needs to hold China responsible for this and everything else they're doing. It's enough of doing business with that horrible regime.
    They should but over here, during an election year, it’s not politically correct to say these things so they ignore it.

Bolsonaro caught COVID. I was already wondering why it was taking so long. Dude's been balls deep in Lady Corona for months now the way he's been hugging and slobbering all of his voters.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Yea it’s pretty simple to understand. And it’s not something the world needs to be completely shut down for. Just got to deal with it like we deal with other risks.
    Masks are now required.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Masks are now required.
    In Ohio it’s county by county based on cases.

We don’t have, thankfully, a dictator for a governor.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    In Ohio it’s county by county based on cases.

We don’t have, thankfully, a dictator for a governor.
    A lot of people do not like Gov. Whitmer and her gang of chicks. She won't open the gyms even though studies have proven that people cannot contract COVID-19 through sweet.

I can see how people'll react to this mask law. Michigan is under a nasty heat wave. Wearing a mask in hot & humid weather can cause some people to collapse because you'll get hot with it on.

"I will not be bullied!" Lol. Ok.

Banned

A lot of people do not like Gov. Whitmer and her gang of chicks. She won't open the gyms even though studies have proven that people cannot contract COVID-19 through sweet.

I can see how people'll react to this mask law. Michigan is under a nasty heat wave. Wearing a mask in hot & humid weather can cause some people to collapse because you'll get hot with it on.

"I will not be bullied!" Lol. Ok.

I mean at first I thought it was ridiculous but really I don’t care as long as they don’t shut things down again.

I can deal with the mask stuff but another shutdown is completely moronic.

down here (Belgium) the numbers are rising again. the R0 value has once again exceeded 1 (1 COVID patient contaminates more than 1 other person) and we are looking at over 100 registered contaminations a day. That doesn't look like much but keep the small population (about 11 million) and small area (just shy of 12 thousand square miles) in mind. Numbers might rise steeply soon.

to put the numbers into perspective : I'm talking about over 100 contaminations a day now but at the height of the crisis (end of April) there were 1,600 a day. As I said though, numbers can rise fast.

Most contaminations are in the group of 20 to 60 year olds now, which might explain why we are currently seeing few people ending up in hospital

I foresee local lockdowns for some cities and regions here later on this summer.

^^today the 2nd wave was made official by our government as week numbers have risen by a third this last week and as we had a particularly steep spike on Monday

yesterday 250,000 people were reported as being infected in 1 day worldwide, which is a new record

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Gym's could likely just remove the lesser used equipment and space out everything into 1 person zones. Or do what I did years ago. Buy a bench and Selecttech weights you can stick into a corner and pull out in a few seconds. It's a pandemic home gym, minus a treadmill or boomer rowing machine. Own a bike for cardio.
    Bars and beaches are open, though. MI governor and her bullshit administration is mothering the whole state. What about businesses? This has gone on long enough.

Banned

Bars and beaches are open, though. MI governor and her bullshit administration is mothering the whole state. What about businesses? This has gone on long enough.
    They’re just revving it up again and they’ll do it once more in October.

North Korea has confirmed its one and only COVID patient today. since it is only one patient and this just happened now they immediately put a whole city (border city Kaesong) on full lockdown

okay

to everybody's surprise this unfortunate man was a 'returnee from South Korea'. because people return from South Korea

of course there's widespread smuggling from both China and South Korea which is tolerated by the NK government on the downlow to keep people happy ('happy') at the local black markets

chances are the virus entered NK months ago already through smuggling routes from China. rumor has it that COVID reached Pyongyang by April. the new Pyongyang General Hospital, on which construction was started early in 2020, has not been completed yet, so there's that too

state propaganda of this being an isolated imported case from South Korea puts NK in the position to ask for and accept help from South Korea. things must be REALLY bad in NK right now that they are positioning themselves to ask for help after having blown up a NK/SK liaison bureau only last month. (the reason for last month's tension was the string of hot air balloon carried South Korean pamflets that were flown into NK, a private practise by SK citizens that the SK government supposedly neither encouraged nor tried to stop)

Our second biggest city just got slapped w/ a 4 week evening/night curfew, a facemask obligation and other restrictions. the port city of Antwerp is currently one of Europe's reddest zones, which means it has the highest level of COVID contamination
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-03-2020 at 03:48 PM.