Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Movie 'Contagion' Might Be Happening IRL

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Can you work from home or do you have to work on site?
    Can't do it at home, so it's like a paid month off. I'd rather work though.

Banned

Can you work from home or do you have to work on site?
    China flu has been nowhere near as bad here as it has around the world but in my state when this shit first popped off they put in some bullshit lockdown and said only essential services would remain open for work and then like 80% of businesses were named as essential services lol so apart form industries that got shut down like the bars and tattooists and all the office people that could work from home nothing really changed in that regard.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

That's recognizable lol. I was just reading an article on furniture businesses asking our government to qualify them as 'essential' since DYIs centers and gardening DIYs are allowed to remain open during the new lockdown "and they sell furniture too, it's dishonest competition" lol. Those other businesses were allowed to remain open because most Brlgians have a severe gene deficiency that does not allow them to simply sit the fuck down on a sofa and enjoy the silence. People always seem to be renovating their homes.

Btw since a lot of businesses will close round here starting Monday EVERYBODY AND THEY MOMMA went shopping on Saturday and a lot of shops, hair salons etc are opening today (Sunday here right now), which they normally don't. I guess everybody wants to go out, stand in line for 2 hours plus with some strangers to buy a blowy dragon shirt and catch a side dish of delish Chu Flu.

During the previous lockdown the government opened the recycling depots after a few weeks because people had been renovating their place again for the umpteenth time and then dumping their surplus building materials or waste outside at night. There were old sofas and empty paint cans etc everywhere in the streets.

For the first three days of the reopening of those recycling depots there were lines of three to four hours at every depot. People got out of their cars to talk to each other since they got bored. Of course contamination numbers spiked again.
    Retired.

There have been a handful of reports of the virus spreading from a mink to a person. There is for example a proven case in the Netherlands I know of. Denmark is having all its mink (in mink farms) killed in phases over the next few weeks. We're talking several 100 thousands of mink. Over the last few weeks there were many mink to mink contagions on various breeding farms. Denmark has the largest mink fur export industry worldwide.
    by now there have been 214 confirmed contaminations in Denmark of the new mink COVID strain. scientific research has by now proved that this strain is different from 'regular' COVID in that the virus seems to have adapted in mink to mink contaminations. it has changed its receptor ends that latch onto human cells. the result is that this strain might be less susceptible to the vaccines that are being developed now by various pharma companies. it is therefore extremely important to contain this separate contamination strain

Denmark is still in the process of killing all its fur farm mink. there's 17 million of them so it takes a while

earlier the Netherlands and Spain killed off (some of their) fur farm mink

here's a read on it

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-11...bwI/index.html

the number of 12 people infected mentioned early on in the article above does not seem right (?), I have encountered multiple sources saying 214 infections, 200 of them in North Jutland (Danish province) where there is a large number of mink fur farms
    Retired.

Banned

by now there have been 214 confirmed contaminations in Denmark of the new mink COVID strain. scientific research has by now proved that this strain is different from 'regular' COVID in that the virus seems to have adapted in mink to mink contaminations. it has changed its receptor ends that latch onto human cells. the result is that this strain might be less susceptible to the vaccines that are being developed now by various pharma companies. it is therefore extremely important to contain this separate contamination strain

Denmark is still in the process of killing all its fur farm mink. there's 17 million of them so it takes a while

earlier the Netherlands and Spain killed off (some of their) fur farm mink

here's a read on it

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-11...bwI/index.html

the number of 12 people infected mentioned early on in the article above does not seem right (?), I have encountered multiple sources saying 214 infections, 200 of them in North Jutland (Danish province) where there is a large number of mink fur farms
    Mink-ya

all the results so far of the ongoing third (= final) phase of Pfizer & BioNTech's vaccine testing protocol point to it being 90% effective

they're aiming at 100 million vaccines by the end of this year, 1.3 billion by the end of 2021

nice to get some good news for a change
    Retired.

lol nobody is going to take that vaccine. Maybe hilary-biden people and (some?) europeans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    lol nobody is going to take that vaccine. Maybe hilary-biden people and (some?) europeans
    You probably won’t be able to travel without it

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I hereby officially declare myself the wucorp test person

I will tape my demise for all of yalls entertainment and edukashion
    Retired.

They say the Vaccine can be rolled out by the end of December but the issue is the vaccine can only be stored at -70 degrees so hospitals and clinics don't have that sort of storage options. So we now need super fridges.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    You probably won’t be able to travel without it

Told yas ^^

Qantas will ban travellers who don't have the COVID vaccine — can other businesses follow suit?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...antas/12914246

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

not sure if i would trust a vaccine...

when, down the line, I take the shot, I will share my experiences briefly. of course I'll mention what vaccine it is too. currently our government has preo-ordered three different kinds of vaccines

it might be a while before I get the shot though. it depends on when people in my profession, who work with kids, get to take it. it' ll be old people, sick people and people in the medical field first, probably. shots will not obligatory down here
    Retired.

Banned

California love.