Thread: The Movie 'Contagion' Might Be Happening IRL

South Africa variant can 'break through' Pfizer's vaccine

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-n...012155149.html
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    South Africa variant can 'break through' Pfizer's vaccine

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-n...012155149.html
    That's a relief. I got my first Moderna shot last Saturday and my second is the first week of May.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    That's a relief. I got my first Moderna shot last Saturday and my second is the first week of May.
    Great! The US and the UK are doing really well in terms of getting the vaccine(s) to people quickly

I haven't got a date yet but I think I'll get my shots in June or maybe July. my parents refused the shots, that's a bit worrisome
    Retired.

COVID numbers in Europe are spiking again because of holiday travel and because of the Euro Soccer Championship being organized in 11 countries which involves a lot of traveling for fans. For US reference, this championship normally sees all the games in one particular country only so with COVID now it's unfortunate that this specific edition went 'Europe wide'

Good call on having the Olympics without an audience. It would have been a mass spreading event as the Euro Championship now shows

To the Brits on here : good luck tomorrow in the final. I'll be watching. Please take out the Italians who took out the Belgians lol. Thanks.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-11-2021 at 02:15 AM.
    Retired.

Banned

People still care about this shit?

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    There's nothing much to complain about nowadays. I don't wear my mask anymore.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    There's nothing much to complain about nowadays. I don't wear my mask anymore.

About half to two out of three have only received one out of two shots. It's some of these people and also youngsters (who have received no shots at all) who are getting infected. Granted a lot of them are not so ill they need to go to hospital but the main worry is that this heightened circulation of the disease will lead to yet another variant, which might be more contagious (but hopefully not more dangerous) than the current dominant variant.

In terms of dominant variants we went from the original strain (China) to the alpha strain (Britain) to delta (India) and possibly to 'delta plus' now. Each of these strains is more contagious than the previous one. So (in Europe) it's a race between getting people their shots and the virus strain changes.
    Retired.

On the bright side Dooch the home country might take the title in soccer tonight.

My money is on the Brits though.
    Retired.

Banned

I don’t know I never bought into the fear of corona.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    On the bright side Dooch the home country might take the title in soccer tonight.

My money is on the Brits though.
    Good for them. I always root for Italy even over the USA unless it’s an Italian-American represented team or person, which is rare. We’re only 4 percent of the pop.

In fact always root for team USA to lose. I enjoyed hearing about Nigeria embarrassing the basketball team.

{>____<}

We're back to wearing masks again in my office even though we're fully vaccinated. Higher-up orders. Smh.

^^Yep more bad news. meanwhile Europe is going down the drain due to delta again. I think maybe Spain and Italy are still doing okay (it's been a week since I saw numbers for all European countries in the newspaper)

trying to contain omikron within the southern african region is necessary and governments should give it their all but personally I think there's no containing new variants locally if they start to prevail over the dominant variant from before
    Retired.

Banned

lol dude…. There’s nothing that can stop it. Live your life.

You we’re probably better off getting natural immunity but fuck it I guess getting a shot every six months ain’t the biggest deal in the world.