Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Movie 'Contagion' Might Be Happening IRL

Banned

Is there a spike in Europe?

Because US Nazi media is claiming Everywhere else but here barely has any cases.

Don’t trust anything you hear from American media until further notice.

It's booming in India and Middle and South America but that's still the first wave. Some dictatorial regimes in South America (e.g. El Salvador) installed a nationwide lockdown at approximately the same time as in Europe (around mid March) knowing that their hospitals and health care system in general were structurally underfunded (if that's a word) and wouldn't be able to deal with many cases at the same time. So they went in lockdown too early.

As the first wave actually spiked there later on too many people employed in the informal economy had lost the little savings they had and a major part of the population was without money. The lockdown was put to a stop and now the population is back at work etc while the virus is still building momentum. The guh'ment both installed and later on abolished the lockdown out of fear for riots, but their timing in relation the virus was off. Now too many people are forced to mingle while the virus is out in full force.)
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-30-2020 at 02:54 AM.

There have been second waves in China, Japan and I think South Korea. The numbers in some European countries MIGHT increase in the summer due to illegal parties (where the number of attendants is much higher than the one set by virologists and the government) unsafe holiday traveling etc

the only European countries I am aware of experiencing a second (big?) wave atm are Portugal (esp the capital Lisbon and surrounding area) and the UK (city of Leicester). there is a regional lockdown in those places, as far as I know

Banned

Ok because this thing and everything is completely politicized now and it’s hard to know who is actually telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    the only European countries I am aware of experiencing a second (big?) wave atm are Portugal (esp the capital Lisbon and surrounding area) and the UK (city of Leicester). there is a regional lockdown in those places, as far as I know
    It's not really a 2nd wave, it's the tail end of the first wave. A lot of countries in order to get some tourists aren't reporting or testing appropriately anymore (Spain).

Banned

They closed down bars in Pittsburgh again.

Banned

Yea they’ll close down entertainment venues only probably this time. Bars are an easy target of criticism.

It doesn’t help that NYC held a black trans rally with thousands packed together in an already congested city.

But, they don’t enforce that sort of stuff.

{>____<}

^It's what you said earlier. COVID-19 has to run its course. A vaccine won't be ready until next Summer and half the US population will probably get it.

I've never had the flu nor COVID-19. Hell, I've probably been infected but experienced any real symptoms of the illness. I'm one of the lucky ones.

It's crazy because it's a heat wave in the US and COVID-19 is running rampant in most states. This is Summer!
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

I don’t fear it. It just what it is at this point. Nobody’s going to even enforce this shit. Cops aren’t going to bother with it. Lol.

So when all is said and done 1 in 1,000 Belgians have died of COVID.

Can't wait for the second wave to hit in September or October.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    So when all is said and done 1 in 1,000 Belgians have died of COVID.

Can't wait for the second wave to hit in September or October.
    Won't immunity still be around? It'll suck if people'll be infected for a second time.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Research has shown that immunity decreases as months go by. Originally it was hoped that the infected would develop immunity that would hold out for one or maybe even two years but unfortunately it turns out this is not the case. Follow up tests of people who were infected in March show that quite a few of them no longer have the antibodies circulating in their blood that they had originally developed.

This means steady group immunity is very unlikely, that is based on the scientific research we have right now.

In case you are interested in figures Belgium currently has a percentage of 5.5 in group immunity, with the likelihood of this number slightly decreasing instead of increasing over time.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-05-2020 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Won't immunity still be around? It'll suck if people'll be infected for a second time.
    Immunity would take months, the whole herd immunity strategy was a complete failure in Sweden which has the highest death rate per capita. Consider Sweden is also nowhere near as densely populated as some other nations just proves that until a vaccine the only way to stop the spread of the virus was through a lockdown. Though at this point the economies have taken such a hit that many would prefer deaths than forcing another lockdown.

England has opened up and the streets have been packed for 2-3 weeks now, yesterday the barbars opened and people were queuing outside like morons.

There doesn't seem to be an increase in number of cases reported, the numbers are continuing to decrease. Nobody knows the real testing numbers though as some of the data is quite dodgy. The virus is still around but doesn't seem to be as deadly as it was before but that's just going from analysing the data. This pandemic has shown how jumbled up the science world is, I've read countless journals and reports which contradict each other. Data from different countries contradict data from another. One country says 'this drug works' while the other says it makes things worse. One thing is certain though and that is China fucking lied.

Yes, China definitely lied.

There have been new local outbreaks in parts of Spain (2 different regions by now), Croatia, Serbia and Morocco over the last two days or so. While things might be improving (in Europe) overall local lockdowns in Europe and around the Mediterranean Sea are a new reality. It might be like this all summer, who knows.

I was planning a very short holiday in neighbouring country the Netherlands this summer but I've just decided not to take any chances. I'm just gonna stay home, now is not the time to travel, except maybe for people who have to do so in their job and then still...