Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie 'Contagion' Might Be Happening IRL

About 17 European countries have closed down schools. I received word yesterday I get a whopping 38 days off. Schools in the Netherlands, Bulgaria and certain regions of Spain and Germany are still open, for now. Bulgaria's schools were closed last week because af a 'regular' influenza epidemic. Bulgarian parents themselves asked for schools to reopen on Monday.

The UK's decided to use a new tactic called 'herd immunity'. Only we here would come up with such a thing.

Spain's on complete lockdown.

Europe has been declared the centre of the pandemic.

Mexico planning to close the US border.

The Brazilian President apparently testing positive.

In Turkey there has only been 5 cases. It's shocking to me the precautions Turkey took before anyone else. They closed the border with Iran straight away, banned flights from China, Italy immediately to. The joke there is the government will do anything in it's power to keep our illustrious President alive. His bodyguards walk around with thermal cameras now so nobody can get close to him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    The UK's decided to use a new tactic called 'herd immunity'. Only we here would come up with such a thing.

Spain's on complete lockdown.

Europe has been declared the centre of the pandemic.

Mexico planning to close the US border.

The Brazilian President apparently testing positive.

In Turkey there has only been 5 cases. It's shocking to me the precautions Turkey took before anyone else. They closed the border with Iran straight away, banned flights from China, Italy immediately to. The joke there is the government will do anything in it's power to keep our illustrious President alive. His bodyguards walk around with thermal cameras now so nobody can get close to him.
    If Trump would have halted all flights and closed all borders two weeks ago, the media would have been calling him a dictator and a nazi.

No leader can do right no matter what they do.

With global travel almost anything is going to end up going pandemic. It happens regularly and if it’s airborne it’s even easier.

This is the world and ecosystem we live in the virus is older than humans, it’s not going anywhere.

Banned

Toilet Paper ☑
    Water ☑
    2 weeks worth of food ☑
    Hand Sanatizer ☑
    Beer ☑
    Case of Wine ☑
    Liquor ☑
    Ammo ☑

anybody else prepared?

What's more scary now is that this could potentially shut down businesses and start a recession.

BoJack Johnson should take more precautions. If not this could turn ugly for the UK quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    If Trump would have halted all flights and closed all borders two weeks ago, the media would have been calling him a dictator and a nazi.
    true

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    Toilet Paper ☑
    Water ☑
    2 weeks worth of food ☑
    Hand Sanatizer ☑
    Beer ☑
    Case of Wine ☑
    Liquor ☑
    Ammo ☑

anybody else prepared?
    We just made about 200 LBs. Of sausage links, patties and dried.

I’m good without even going for food. Always got a pantry shelves stocked with the non perishable goods.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    It’s going to run it’s course. People have probably already gotten it and don’t know.

It’ll be around for months before it goes away.

There won’t be a vaccine that takes years. Then it’ll go away on its own because it’ll infect to many people and they’ll be immune.

It’s not nothing but it’s not going to be another bubonic plague.

They predict just less worse than Spanish flu 1918. Or a really extreme flu outbreak.
    Excellent post.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

{>____<}

The response in England has been relaxed. The government isn't really doing anything a friend called the health services saying he might has it, they just asked him has he had contact with anyone whose got it, he said no they shut the phone in his face.

European countries & the US need to follow the steps South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore took. Test as many people, randomly if need be. Isolate those who have got it and go from there.

The stock markets are taking an absolute pummelling though, worst day in London since 1987.
    It's all about money here. People are dying because of too many men and women who lack leadership skills. They'll say we have too many people to test, not enough tests itself, etc. At this rate, the numbers will climb.

Banned

This whole thing is based on not overloading hospitals because none of them are prepared for pandemics apparently. All this money they make and all these buildings they build, they don’t have one per hospital dedicated to stockpiled supplies and beds?

Well they better have it next time.

Cleveland Clinic has like 20 plus quare blocks of buildings at the main campus and more around the state.

All the money they generate they’re not ready for this? And I don’t want to hear them blaming politicians either.
    Last edited by Dooch; 03-16-2020 at 05:03 PM.

In England they are doing absolutely nothing they aren't even testing people, if you haven't had contact with someone who has tested positive the authorities here will not test you. They haven't shut schools, haven't banned flights from mainland Europe they only banned Italy. Everywhere is still open here with the government only encouraging people not to go.

People are going nuts to today I thought I would go for a walk and I notice every car that went by the back was filled with shopping bags. One thing this shows is that Europeans in times of crisis are no different from Middle Easterners or Asians. The levels of stupidity and ignorance is mind boggling.

The doomsday buying trend is absolutely pointless. I went to a supermarket earlier and saw a few aisles with literally no stock. It's not like you need to only eat pasta and shit yourself several times as much as usual because of this goofy virus.

{>____<}

In England they are doing absolutely nothing they aren't even testing people, if you haven't had contact with someone who has tested positive the authorities here will not test you. They haven't shut schools, haven't banned flights from mainland Europe they only banned Italy. Everywhere is still open here with the government only encouraging people not to go.

People are going nuts to today I thought I would go for a walk and I notice every car that went by the back was filled with shopping bags. One thing this shows is that Europeans in times of crisis are no different from Middle Easterners or Asians. The levels of stupidity and ignorance is mind boggling.
    On Ebay, a can of Lysol disinfectant spray goes for $16-$30 a can. I got lucky Sunday night to find disinfectant wipes. Unbelievable.

I remember when ebola hit Nigeria. They identified everyone the person had come in contact with for over a month, tested all of them, and put testing centered on every street corner until it was 100% of the country in a month. They even caught an diseased Italian at the airport the month and locked him down until the chemicals purified him.

neander-ebola = buy toilet paper
    Hopefully it picks up pace so I can get additional PTO. We're doing a weekend in New Orleans and I wouldn't mind enjoying my obvious immunity to this for a whole week now that hotels are basically free.