they're gonna off the FM frequency in Belgium in 2022. it will be dab+ only (digital signal in Europe) . it's been happening to a few countries already, like Switzerland

do you listen online exclusively? if so, on what device mostly?

I had a look at some 2018 figures for the US https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/article/2018/how-america-listens-the-american-audio-landscape/

I hadn't expected so many Americans would still be listening to the radio. I was thinking mostly in cars maybe?

are there any plans to off FM in the us too? and is AM widely used there? I would think so.

just did a quick count at Casa Incandenza and it turns out I have 6 radios. yeah, I was surprised too lol. none of them will be any good from 2022 onward though. I wonder what they'll do to the fm frequencies. leave them to local stations or radio enthusiast? or just quit them altogether? AM isn't happening for me because the reception is practically non existent round here. unless I take an apartment on the 60th floor all I get is static

if you're not in the US, how's the situation in your country? I read the UK might make the switch to DAB+ in just a few years too