Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rza and Wu-Tang to perform score for 36th Chamber of Shaolin with Detroit Symphony

Banned

Default Rza and Wu-Tang to perform score for 36th Chamber of Shaolin with Detroit Symphony

The DSO, Wu-Tang producer and rapper RZA, and members of Wu-Tang Clan will perform onstage together in a first-of-its-kind concert. More than 25 years ago, Wu-Tang Clan changed hip-hop forever, bursting onto the music scene with the release of Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). Wu-Tang Clan and the DSO perform a live score of their debut album to the classic martial arts film The 36th Chamber of Shaolin in Orchestra Hall.

Proceeds from this event will benefit the DSOÂ’s artistic and educational programs.
    A limited number of tickets will be sold during a VIP presale on Wednesday, February 19 beginning at 11 a.m. EST.
    Tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday, February 20 at 11 a.m. EST.
    Tickets start at $60. Limit 4 tickets per order.

definitely plan on going to that

Veteran Member

I wish one of these shits would come to Baltimore

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    definitely plan on going to that
    Me too. I've been to the DSO several times and I always enjoy myself. Mummy Ra, be fast on the ticket purchase.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I tried to buy tickets 20 mins after they went on sale and it's saying its sold out already

Banned

I just looked at stubhub. they're going from $500 to $1,400.

they may add a saturday matinee or sunday show. that's happened a few times with these rza scoring events.

as much as I love Wu-Tang and the idea of this show, I will not pay $500 lol

but damn i was so looking forward to this. Really hoping for an extra show

mumm ra, if you need some extra money again, hit me up bro.

Banned

mumma ra, brock has an extra ticket for you. he's going to show up in basketball shorts and work boots.

I'll buy him all the nacho cheese his extra chins can hold. DM me brock I'll provide you my paypal information for instant payment.

thanks in advance, see you there buddy

I have El Michels Affair enter the 37th chamber and return to the 37th chamber both on vinyl and routinely spin the records. Love the acoustic performances of classic wu songs.

Listen to that for a preview of how good this concert could be.

Anyone living within 5 hours of Detroit has no excuse to not go. If this show were within 5 hours of me I wouldn't even think twice. $60 is a steep price but you paying for a whole fuckin' orchestra so the money gets divvied lots of ways.

GO! And come back and post pictures and videos! This sounds like one hell of a fuckin' show. DON'T MISS IT!!!

A Lee Fields concert was sold out last weekend but I called the box office and they were in the process of refunding 3 tickets (early on the day of the concert) so I bought 2 over the phone.

I wonder if they reserve tickets for the box office?

Go to the box office and wheel and deal with someone who works there. If you live close, that is. Or just call and be cool and tell them you'll pay extra if they help you get a ticket.

Crazy this sold out in less than 48 hours.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 02-22-2020 at 11:21 AM.

They should tour this a bit. If it sold out in Detroit, it can sell out in better cities.

After the success of Nas performing Illmatic with a live orchestra, and the awesome success of tiny desk with hip hop artists performing with live acoustics, I believe that this is the future of hip hop and how hip hop will survive.

Hip hop artists will begin to perform like Roots always did, with live bands.

I also think this is how they can sell out shows for the next decade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    After the success of Nas performing Illmatic with a live orchestra, and the awesome success of tiny desk with hip hop artists performing with live acoustics, I believe that this is the future of hip hop and how hip hop will survive.

Hip hop artists will begin to perform like Roots always did, with live bands.

I also think this is how they can sell out shows for the next decade.

Wu-Tang is being backed by the Soul Rebels at the New Orleans Jazz Festival in April