Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rza and Wu-Tang to perform score for 36th Chamber of Shaolin with Detroit Symphony

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    After the success of Nas performing Illmatic with a live orchestra, and the awesome success of tiny desk with hip hop artists performing with live acoustics, I believe that this is the future of hip hop and how hip hop will survive.

Hip hop artists will begin to perform like Roots always did, with live bands.

I also think this is how they can sell out shows for the next decade.

you could very well be right

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    I have El Michels Affair enter the 37th chamber and return to the 37th chamber both on vinyl and routinely spin the records. Love the acoustic performances of classic wu songs.

Listen to that for a preview of how good this concert could be.

Anyone living within 5 hours of Detroit has no excuse to not go. If this show were within 5 hours of me I wouldn't even think twice. $60 is a steep price but you paying for a whole fuckin' orchestra so the money gets divvied lots of ways.

GO! And come back and post pictures and videos! This sounds like one hell of a fuckin' show. DON'T MISS IT!!!
    I live 10 mins from the DSO and Mumm Ra lives in Grand Rapids. The show sold out in hours. For the people who purchased the tickets and then selling them for $500 are wrong. We're not rich. Also, I'll keep checking to see if I can get tickets for me and my brother. Hell, I'll stand outside and then try to sneak in. Lol.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty