Thread: Radioactive (Four Assassins)

Veteran Member

Default Radioactive (Four Assassins)

This just sounds Wu-Tang to me. I either slept on this a long time ago, or forgot about it and rediscovered recently, but this track ticks all the boxes for me. It's the complete opposite of the comments in the recent GZA posts. The beat is a simple but complex loop. GZA, Rae, Meth and Masta Killa spit flames. Oh yeah and GZA doesn't sound like he's dying.

Peace CT

I would have no problem if this track was what comes up when u look up the name Wu Tang. This is what Wu Tang music is supposed to sound like. Peace

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    I would have no problem if this track was what comes up when u look up the name Wu Tang. This is what Wu Tang music is supposed to sound like. Peace
    Indeed

People have always rated this track. The verses are good but I don't get it, what's so great about it? It's a half bar loop (!) with that annoying screechy horn hit?

I mean, it's okay to hear every once in a while but not a great beat at all.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I guess because it reminds people of mostly the first two albums with the emcees just trading off verses with no hook in between. The scratching is what really does it for me, I am always yearning for more turntablism in hip hop
    Kind of like Mister D.J. going crazy at the end of Outkast's Wheelz Of Steel

Yeah I guess I'm in the minority. I feel like most of the album is stronger than that track.

That track is crazy and the beat (even though the loop is so short) is the essence of the Wu-Tang sound

I love Meth's flow when he spits "parner, you ain't got no wins in mi casa / Wu-Tang got ya, like every ghetto got a Tasha" lol
    Good ol' days

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

this one of my fav tracks off iron flag