Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden is the obvious choice for assisted living

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    in an update of this post of mine earlier in this thread I can now confirm Belgium will finally have a new government tomorrow, 493 days after the election. a sad example of the system I described above when we were discussing two party systems and their (dis)advantages as compared to multiple party systems in politics. the government that will take the oath tomorrow consists of seven (!) parties, leaving five parties in the opposition. that's right, there are 12 more or less sizable parties here. part of the explanation is that the different language groups have different parties. the last time we had problems forming a government it took 541 days (after the 2010 election).
    Interesting. I recall my criticism of a two party system devolving into a pick the lesser evil system.

You made a good argument explaining the disadvantages of the other extreme, with a very divided balkanized government with too many parties to form successful coalition and consensus.

I am not very familiar with the politics of Belgium. But despite the many parties, it still seems they succeed in implementing very strict, authoritarian laws and regulations.

Are laws in Belgium uniform and mostly implemented and enforced at the national level? Or are they decentralized and vary greatly depending on where within Belgium you are? If I had to guess based off what I have read about Belgium, I would guess you have a strong national government perhaps with some varying municipal level rules and regulations or what local governments here sometimes call "ordinances" which hold less weight than state laws and even lesser weight than Federal laws.

{>____<}

Trump knew what he was doing. Joe did falter at the beginning of the debate but soon recovered from Trump's attacks later. Sanders, Warren, and Harris would not have survived this debate. Trump was at full strength and Joe barely held on strong. Vice President Joe needs to be prepared and ready to withstand blows from Trump in the next presidential debate. Joe cannot falter for a second. If people pick up vibes that Joe isn't up to the challenge to defeat Trump and his base, Trump wins.

Joe has to project strength and prove to Americans that Trump can and will be shut down. This debate was terrible but it was an eye opener for us Americans. Is Joe strong enough to defeat Trump? Is Trump and his base too powerful to be stopped?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The ABBOTT

Biden's odds went up 7% after debate.Vegas odds have him now at 62%, Trump 39%. I dont think Biden won the debate, but maybe Trump didn't gain anything either.

The ABBOTT

To clarify for those who are not familiar with betting odds. Vegas odds are used to drive more people to bet and gain more profits for books. Just because Slow Joe is up decisively doesn't mean he winning a landslide. But it should be concerning that Trump is down this far at this point. No one has been this far behind since Dole vs Clinton, so Trump clearly has to change his direction at this point to even odds.

Thanks for explaining, I was not familiar with Vegas odds.
    Retired.

Shaolin Master

A cyclist was suspended from the team for supporting President Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...0c5b95115b2b4c

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

uncalled for. that team is on the highest professional level of cycling but I haven't seen this particular cyclist racing. I know of him, though. he's still young and has his whole cycling future ahead of him. he should easily find another World Tour Pro Team for the next season at the same or even higher pay. this is the very first incident of that kind I have heard of in cycling

btw it's been a strange cycling season due to COVID. cycling was only resumed about two months ago and as a result the cycling calendar is filled to the brim with races now. very few races were actually canned. they just crammed everything back into the calender. in a regular year there are about two or three important races worldwide happening every day but this year is crazy with very important races being run concurrently and with the Tour and the Giro happening very close after each other. you can watch cycling on tv here every day now, LITERALLY every day. it's not like that normally and even for fans like myself it gets tiresome

the most high profile US cyclist atm is Sepp Kuss, a climber who was on the GC runner up team for the Tour de France this year. he performed very well in his position as a helper in the mountain stages. He's 26. unless they are really supremely talented, cyclists peak between the ages of about 28 to 32. there is a new generation of riders though who are very young and already on top of the game, like the current TdF winner, who is only 22 years old. but I digress, sorry
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Belgian sports media, who live and breathe cyclism, are saying that his team's main sponsor, Trek, has been getting criticized a lot over the last months for still selling bicycles to the police. That could be part of the explanation. (Since bicycles don't kill people such criticism is whatever.)

I also read he posted some kind of brown fist emoji (?) in one of his tweets that were a reaction to what the journalist said. Apparently that emotion is supposed to carry a racial connotation. The problem Trek had was more about this than the actual support for Trump himself. Idk anything abiut that emoji, I'm 43 lol.

Well at least the story is big enough to be carried by sports media here.

In any case it is still remarkable this is happening in a 'European' sport. It gives credibility to the theory that Trek is under fire in the US gor those police bicycles. Has that been covered in the US media?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-01-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    Retired.

As a Trump supporter, I by no means consider Trump a lock to win. In fact, I'm probably going into this feeling like Trump is an underdog again like I did in 2016. I wanted Trump to beat Hillary, but didn't expect it. And that's kind of my attitude again. The corporate media, bureaucracy, corporations, military industrial complex are all stacked against Trump. And 80 million mail in ballots is suspect as fuck. So I don't know what to expect. There's massive censorship on social media in the USA and the demoKKKrats basically own all the corporate TV stations. And that might be enough to convince 50% of people to vote for the corporate government bureaucrat backed DemoKKKRat candidate. There's so many people, especially middle aged and older, who get all their news from TV or newspapers which are all basically just propaganda outlets owned by demoKKKrats. And according to corporate media Trump is devil incarnate, racist, Hitler, a Russian agent, and all the other lies.

Hal, what you describe sounds like Cancel Culture.

So besides DemoKKKRats basically giving permission to Black Lives Matter Marxists and Antifa to burn down streets, beat people up, vandalize and loot, they also bully people by deplatforming them or boycott or publicly destroying them for supporting Trump.

The USA political climate is very toxic. DemoKKKrats really are so desperate for power they are willing to publicly destroy anyone who supports Trump. They even try to get you fired from your job.

It's not really fair and it doesn't really seem like democracy. If you support a candidate and they try to destroy you for it?

That's why we can't really trust the polls. Because if you publicly support Trump they try to destroy you. So Republicans really just stay quiet and guys like me vent on obscure places like a Wu-Tang forum.

Trump supporters get banned from social media or get their comments removed. We have to go to alternative websites. We can't post comments on the main corporate news sites. The demoKKKrats own all the TV channels. So it's hard to tell what the polls really are or how many people really support Trump. We do see tens of thousands of people show up to his rallies and basically no one shows up to Biden rallies.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    uncalled for. that team is on the highest professional level of cycling but I haven't seen this particular cyclist racing. I know of him, though. he's still young and has his whole cycling future ahead of him. he should easily find another World Tour Pro Team for the next season at the same or even higher pay. this is the very first incident of that kind I have heard of in cycling

btw it's been a strange cycling season due to COVID. cycling was only resumed about two months ago and as a result the cycling calendar is filled to the brim with races now. very few races were actually canned. they just crammed everything back into the calender. in a regular year there are about two or three important races worldwide happening every day but this year is crazy with very important races being run concurrently and with the Tour and the Giro happening very close after each other. you can watch cycling on tv here every day now, LITERALLY every day. it's not like that normally and even for fans like myself it gets tiresome

the most high profile US cyclist atm is Sepp Kuss, a climber who was on the GC runner up team for the Tour de France this year. he performed very well in his position as a helper in the mountain stages. He's 26. unless they are really supremely talented, cyclists peak between the ages of about 28 to 32. there is a new generation of riders though who are very young and already on top of the game, like the current TdF winner, who is only 22 years old. but I digress, sorry
    I think I might have mentioned this before, but the founder of Dirty kanza bike races was fired a few months back for posting online that he thought the killing of Rayshard Brooks was justified. That was about the guy who attacked a police officer in Atlanta.

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a3293...cummins-fired/

Banned

Th e corruption of the American Democratic Party is extreme. Desperate for power and yes, note than willing to sacrifice anyone.

It’s really not even a hidden agenda at this point.

I’ve never been a huge Trump guy, he’s grown on me but didn’t vote for him in 16 but I can’t in good conscience for a democrat.

They behavior is completely disgusting EVEN by political standards.

I’m surprised people support them as fervently as they do. Although they do provide certain people a platform to spew hatred and discriminate an I suppose that is appealing to some.

I have no idea who will win but you can guarantee if Biden does, the US will Re-engage in foreign wars we don’t need to be involved in.

Yeah. It's not Biden who I fear. It's the people who pull his strings. He really is an empty vessel the way I see it.

If Biden wins, in no way do I believe he's the guy actually calling the shots. It's the globalists, corporatists, big bankers, military industrial complex, CIA all in control again.

Biden will be the guy they drug up and put in front of a camera to say something stupid that the media will edit and support while the powers that be run things not having to deal with press.

I truly do believe that a globalist government or elite are probably pulling strings in most of the nations on the planet. The idea of "sovereignty" is kind of gone. And the migration crises and open borders are all a part of that. Socially engineering populations, destroying national identities and cultures. Engineering voting electorates to manipulate elections. There's people behind the scenes who are masters at this. I don't even think anyone would call me a conspiracy theorist anymore for saying that.

Think about it. Basically every single person who helped Trump win in 2016 has had bogus charges brought up against them or been silenced one way or another. Political persecution. Whether it is trying to ban Alex Jones from the entire fucking internet, holding Julian Assange in prison without trial on phony charges, bogus charges against Steve Bannon, the fraudulent charges against Roger Stone, the fraudulent charges against General Flynn, philosophers such as Stefan Molyneux who had millions of followers on Youtube. Fuck. Just about everyone who had anything to do with Trump's populism and momentum in 2016 has been sabotaged and deplatformed and censored or falsely charged and dragged through the mud and smeared. That's some kind of political power we should all be scared of.

The people managing his campaign now? For all I know they are saboteurs.

That's why I just don't why people go along with it. Why the fuck would you ever support centralization of power, or blindly support the person corporations and fake news media cartels and bankers are shoving down your throat? It's like, the more corporate America and the military industrial complex and corporate media hate Trump, the more convinced I am that he is the right guy for the job. It's doesn't seem like any kind of good cop bad cop fake routine. They legitimately want to destroy the fucking guy and I kind of feel like the hatred they have for him is the hatred they really have for the small guys like me. They just want to turn me into a worker slave, spy on me, and have me under their thumb. All in the name of some fake "greater good." Free speech gone. Everything I freely think or say is a hate crime or thought crime. Force Christians into submission. Turn me into a tax slave. Tax all inheritance. Make my property taxes so high I'm basically just an indentured servant on a piece of property I don't even get to pass along to my own kids. It's kind of scary the way things are heading, especially with the United States supposed to being the last bastion of freedom and opportunity in the world.

Trump and Melania have COVID and are in quarantaine now, according to Trump's Twitter account.
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Yeah. It's not Biden who I fear. It's the people who pull his strings. He really is an empty vessel the way I see it.

If Biden wins, in no way do I believe he's the guy actually calling the shots. It's the globalists, corporatists, big bankers, military industrial complex, CIA all in control again.

Biden will be the guy they drug up and put in front of a camera to say something stupid that the media will edit and support while the powers that be run things not having to deal with press.

I truly do believe that a globalist government or elite are probably pulling strings in most of the nations on the planet. The idea of "sovereignty" is kind of gone. And the migration crises and open borders are all a part of that. Socially engineering populations, destroying national identities and cultures. Engineering voting electorates to manipulate elections. There's people behind the scenes who are masters at this. I don't even think anyone would call me a conspiracy theorist anymore for saying that.

Think about it. Basically every single person who helped Trump win in 2016 has had bogus charges brought up against them or been silenced one way or another. Political persecution. Whether it is trying to ban Alex Jones from the entire fucking internet, holding Julian Assange in prison without trial on phony charges, bogus charges against Steve Bannon, the fraudulent charges against Roger Stone, the fraudulent charges against General Flynn, philosophers such as Stefan Molyneux who had millions of followers on Youtube. Fuck. Just about everyone who had anything to do with Trump's populism and momentum in 2016 has been sabotaged and deplatformed and censored or falsely charged and dragged through the mud and smeared. That's some kind of political power we should all be scared of.

The people managing his campaign now? For all I know they are saboteurs.

That's why I just don't why people go along with it. Why the fuck would you ever support centralization of power, or blindly support the person corporations and fake news media cartels and bankers are shoving down your throat? It's like, the more corporate America and the military industrial complex and corporate media hate Trump, the more convinced I am that he is the right guy for the job. It's doesn't seem like any kind of good cop bad cop fake routine. They legitimately want to destroy the fucking guy and I kind of feel like the hatred they have for him is the hatred they really have for the small guys like me. They just want to turn me into a worker slave, spy on me, and have me under their thumb. All in the name of some fake "greater good." Free speech gone. Everything I freely think or say is a hate crime or thought crime. Force Christians into submission. Turn me into a tax slave. Tax all inheritance. Make my property taxes so high I'm basically just an indentured servant on a piece of property I don't even get to pass along to my own kids. It's kind of scary the way things are heading, especially with the United States supposed to being the last bastion of freedom and opportunity in the world.

First time since I’ve been alive that we aren’t engaged in a foreign war.

You NEVER hear about this. You don’t hear about peace deals.

The left, the establishment politicians, the second they take back control, we will be somewhere.

All of these “intellectual” democrat votersand they just go with the flow.

Like we’ve said, it’s not a hidden agenda.