Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
uncalled for. that team is on the highest professional level of cycling but I haven't seen this particular cyclist racing. I know of him, though. he's still young and has his whole cycling future ahead of him. he should easily find another World Tour Pro Team for the next season at the same or even higher pay. this is the very first incident of that kind I have heard of in cycling

btw it's been a strange cycling season due to COVID. cycling was only resumed about two months ago and as a result the cycling calendar is filled to the brim with races now. very few races were actually canned. they just crammed everything back into the calender. in a regular year there are about two or three important races worldwide happening every day but this year is crazy with very important races being run concurrently and with the Tour and the Giro happening very close after each other. you can watch cycling on tv here every day now, LITERALLY every day. it's not like that normally and even for fans like myself it gets tiresome

the most high profile US cyclist atm is Sepp Kuss, a climber who was on the GC runner up team for the Tour de France this year. he performed very well in his position as a helper in the mountain stages. He's 26. unless they are really supremely talented, cyclists peak between the ages of about 28 to 32. there is a new generation of riders though who are very young and already on top of the game, like the current TdF winner, who is only 22 years old. but I digress, sorry
I think I might have mentioned this before, but the founder of Dirty kanza bike races was fired a few months back for posting online that he thought the killing of Rayshard Brooks was justified. That was about the guy who attacked a police officer in Atlanta.

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a3293...cummins-fired/