Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuck D Fires Flavor Flav From PE

Default Chuck D Fires Flavor Flav From PE

Hip-hop group Public Enemy have clarified their decision to part ways with rapper Flavor Flav, saying he was not fired for his political views.

The band said their co-founder had been "on suspension" since 2016, when he failed to turn up for a benefit show.
    "That was the last straw for the group. He had previously missed numerous live gigs from Glastonbury to Canada, album recording sessions and photo shoots."
    They finally split after a dispute over a Bernie Sanders rally at the weekend.
    Public Enemy Radio - an off-shoot of the main band - had been booked to play the event in Los Angeles, but Flavor Flav sent a cease-and-desist letter to the Sanders campaign, saying he "has not endorsed any political candidate in this election cycle".

Chuck D, who co-founded the group in the 1980s, responded by saying his former bandmate didn't "know the difference between [American football player] Barry Sanders or Bernie Sanders", and was simply unprepared to play a benefit concert for free.
    Later, the band's remaining members issued a statement saying they would be "moving forward without Flavor Flav. We thank him for his years of service and wish him well."
    Skip Twitter post by @MrChuckD Report

End of Twitter post by @MrChuckD

Skip Twitter post by @FlavorFlav Report

End of Twitter post by @FlavorFlav

Flavor, whose real name is William Drayton, formed Public Enemy after meeting Chuck D at university in the 1980s.
    A self-taught piano prodigy, he was cast as the humorous sidekick to Chuck's fire-and-brimstone MC, occasionally stealing the limelight on tracks like Too Much Posse and Cold Lampin' with Flavor.
    He took exception to his dismissal from the band, insisting that the split was was politically-motivated.
    "Chuck D, are you kidding me right now?" he wrote on Twitter. "You wanna destroy something we've built over 35 years over politics? All because I don't wanna endorse a candidate? I'm very disappointed in you and your decisions right now."
    After Chuck D suggested he had "better find rehab", Flavor retorted that he was "not on drugs" and had been "clean for 10 years".
    Flavor also denied suing the Sanders campaign, saying he had only sought to "correct misleading marketing" that suggested he supported the candidate.
    "I'm not your employee, I'm your partner," he concluded. "You can't fire me. There is no Public Enemy without Flavor Flav - so let's get it right, Chuck."

Flav plays the piano?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Flav plays the piano?
    I know right?

lol

These presidential candidates (both sides) and Public Enemy have one thing in common. They both haven’t been relevant since the 80’s. Hahaha

chuck d is a pussy

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I know right?
    I remember reading online somewhere that apparently Flavor Flav is a multi instrumentalist. I remember seeing a drum set and a mpc in his room on Flavor Of Love.

Veteran Member

Reading this made me remember him and Timbo King are related.

I'm not losing sleep over Flav being kicked out of PE to be honest. Interesting, though...ty for posting

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Reading this made me remember him and Timbo King are related.

I didn't know that ? But as soon as I thought about it, it made sense (their voices sound similar) lol.

_

Flav RZA and Dirty are all cousins. Matter of fact at one time it was publicized that their family was the largest family in NYC.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I know right?
    looks can deceive you i aint gonna front though he looked dumb as fuck
    N.I.

I was at this show back in 2010. Flava Flav is either from Charleston or has fam here. I can't remember.

LOL I remember those guys breakdancing too. Good memories. Live drummer, bass guitar. Those guys in camo stood guard on the stage the whole time.

Flava Flav really is a good hype man.

I remember someone who went with me was loaded. I had to pull him out of a fight he was trying to start after the show.

This was before Chuck D began doing that gay communist Prophets of Rage shit with B Real, RATM and Audioslave.

Lol okay.

Forgot to mention DJ Premier produced this, just incase it wasn't obvious within the first 5 seconds.

Shaolin Master

Nothing better than privileged senior citizens acting like angry teenagers.