So this weekend marks the 25th anniversary of Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version.

Personally, this is an absolute classic for me! So much better than Meth's debut but still produced in that gritty early RZA style, before it got more cinematic with Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords.

I think I read somewhere that it took Dirty around 18 months to record the album. Not sure how true that is though. I think it might have been Meth that said it in an interview. Dirt ended up putting the same verse on the album two or three times on different tracks because he was recording over such a long period.

If anyone hasn't checked out Buddha Monk's book about Dirty, I would definitely recommend giving it a read. Lots of information on the recording process of this album, etc.

What's y'all favourite joints on this album???

For me, there's 3 tracks in a row that are back-to-back-to-back classics... Snakes, Brooklyn Zoo II (Tiger Crane) and Protect Ya Neck II The Zoo.

Ghost's verse on Brooklyn Zoo II is brutal, ill as hell, love that shit! I do rock a heavily edited version of this joint on my playlist though, taking out the little snippet bits after Ghosts verse, cutting straight to the reprise, then editing out the crowd part at the end.

Protect Ya Neck II is dope as well, it is so grimy it gives the original PYN a run for its money!!

Peace!