Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RZA vs. DJ PREMIER live DJ battle tonight @8:50 PM EST (youtube link in thread)

Banned

The Instagram feed is clearer than YouTube

its better now

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I Have RZA winning 12-8. What about ya'll?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Peace CT

This was f#cking great. Glad to see RZA in the hip hop element. Pulled out gems like Buck 50 and Assassination Day. Played some exclusives at end too. Peace

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah. Premier is feeling William Burke. Hopefully they can link up at some point

So this was basically Wu-Tang vs the rest of the East Coast and few features from the outside.

800k+ streamed this.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I Have RZA winning 12-8. What about ya'll?
    man i seriously stopped taking it as a battle when after the 20th round rza didnt even play triumph or cream yet.

rza came to jam. Premier came to battle. Dude was out for blood. He was racking his brain between songs.

rza starts with a pure hip hop anthem in gza liquid swords .. which imo he left there so premier could counter with jeru... and premier uses a million and one questions by jay z lol. Rza was taking back. Then premier dropped a b side later trying to guilt rza to play a b side and steve rifkind commented “METHOD MAN was a b side”

rza played brooklyn zu. Shit was trending from controversey. Its on the rza hits album so i assumed rza had some part in it. Rza never dr dre’d the credits. The wu elements always got credit for the most part.

MAYBE CILVARINGZ CAN ENLIGHTEN US ABOUT BK ZU

rza at end on his positive vibes and just playing new song of a better tomorrow , they talking all about positivity and premier drops “i gave you power” about shooting motherfuckers lmao.

rza played maria which was a fucking headscratch. Plus premier set rza up for rza to chase premiers song by doing that in first round. All rzas songs are a reaponse to premier previous song allowing premier to be the one to switch the energy

with that said. It was still close.

seeing 100s of celebrities was crazy. Nas. Jay elect. Just blaze. Jazzy jeff. TOPANGA! Etc. shit was fucking crazy son.

best 3 hours ive EVER spent at home on some “pay per view” hip hop shit

imo rza played atleast 6 songs he shouldnt have...

liquid swords should have been vs jeru if anything. Shoulda had 4th chamber imo. Premier took a cheap win using jay
    maria of all wu songs... atleast do for heavens sake or reunited.... premier used NYSOM lmao.
    wu gambinos used but not rainy dayz, glaciers of ice, can it be so simple
    assassination day over daytona 500 and winter wars
    the bk zu controversey. True master was in the chat btw.
    Nas tanasia gravel pit and a better tomorrow 2 are good songs but not classics. Premier took a easy win last round cheaply imo because you could see rza was just vibing. Even asked primo to bring back gurus verse on a track.

premier was seeing red lmao
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 04-12-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Method Man was a b side, but it got moe play than Protect Ya Neck, just like how Unbelievable was a b side, but nobody really played Juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    man i seriously stopped taking it as a battle when after the 20th round rza didnt even play triumph or cream yet.
    great analysis.

i can see an average/casual hip hop fan considering this as a Preemo win, but nothing close to that.

RZA didn't play Tres Leches, he could even play few sick instrumentals from Kill Bill or Ghost Dog just so people can se he has transcended hip hip whereas Preemo, with all due respect, has not.

And yes....so many celebs being online made this show special
    Last edited by SL33; 04-12-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Watching this afterwards is a bit bad because of the quality but still pretty cool. Just started the few songs and the first one by Primo (A Million & One Questions remix) was muted because of copyrights, funny.

And Primo thinking about D.I.T.C. "did I leave out anybody, shout to O.J. too, did I leave anybody... *sudden realization* O.C., O.C., woo!"

Also Primo telling RZA after 40 minutes that "hey RZA my engineer said tell you plug your mic into the mixer.."
    Last edited by Pestilence; 04-12-2020 at 04:12 PM.

I didn't get to watch it live but am watching it now. DJ Premier just put on the MOP joint. Rza is screwing with iRig.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post

rza came to jam. Premier came to battle. Dude was out for blood. He was racking his brain between songs.

rza starts with a pure hip hop anthem in gza liquid swords .. which imo he left there so premier could counter with jeru... and premier uses a million and one questions by jay z lol. Rza was taking back. Then premier dropped a b side later trying to guilt rza to play a b side and steve rifkind commented “METHOD MAN was a b side”

rza played brooklyn zu. Shit was trending from controversey. Its on the rza hits album so i assumed rza had some part in it. Rza never dr dre’d the credits. The wu elements always got credit for the most part.

MAYBE CILVARINGZ CAN ENLIGHTEN US ABOUT BK ZU

rza at end on his positive vibes and just playing new song of a better tomorrow , they talking all about positivity and premier drops “i gave you power” about shooting motherfuckers lmao.

rza played maria which was a fucking headscratch. Plus premier set rza up for rza to chase premiers song by doing that in first round. All rzas songs are a reaponse to premier previous song allowing premier to be the one to switch the energy

with that said. It was still close.

seeing 100s of celebrities was crazy. Nas. Jay elect. Just blaze. Jazzy jeff. TOPANGA! Etc. shit was fucking crazy son.

best 3 hours ive EVER spent at home on some “pay per view” hip hop shit

imo rza played atleast 6 songs he shouldnt have...

liquid swords should have been vs jeru if anything. Shoulda had 4th chamber imo. Premier took a cheap win using jay
    maria of all wu songs... atleast do for heavens sake or reunited.... premier used NYSOM lmao.
    wu gambinos used but not rainy dayz, glaciers of ice, can it be so simple
    assassination day over daytona 500 and winter wars
    the bk zu controversey. True master was in the chat btw.
    Nas tanasia gravel pit and a better tomorrow 2 are good songs but not classics. Premier took a easy win last round cheaply imo because you could see rza was just vibing. Even asked primo to bring back gurus verse on a track.

premier was seeing red lmao
    That was the best part to me. knowing that RZA didn't even pull out CREAM or Trumph and he still was racking up W's was amazing! Everyone thought RZA was gonna get blown out the water for some reason. Reading the comments during the show throughout the first 5-6 rounds everyone was on Preemo dick then RZA just started racking up Ws.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Banned

RZA doesn't have that many tracks outside of the Wu Catalog that are bangers except maybe 2-3 lol. I could see him taking an L here.
    Everyone thought RZA was gonna get blown out the water for some reason. Reading the comments during the show throughout the first 5-6 rounds everyone was on Preemo dick then RZA just started racking up Ws.

'

^
    Lol

I haven't watched it yet, but who should Ringz be matched against? Late Guru's producer Solar? Both of them have received music related death threats lmao. Maybe weight classes need to be established like boxing.