Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RZA vs. DJ PREMIER live DJ battle tonight @8:50 PM EST (youtube link in thread)

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    That was the best part to me. knowing that RZA didn't even pull out CREAM or Trumph and he still was racking up W's was amazing! Everyone thought RZA was gonna get blown out the water for some reason. Reading the comments during the show throughout the first 5-6 rounds everyone was on Preemo dick then RZA just started racking up Ws.

bro i coulda swore that rza said he was gonna get his sound right first with liquid swords.. the whole battle is rza reaponding to premes pick as if he was going second.

When i look at the list, if i switch the songs...

like a million and one questions, rza said, oh wow you went platinum on me out the gate. Heres a lil artist of mg own.

bring da pain vs a million and one questions
    breakin da rules vs maria... makes more sense now imo
    Mathamatics vs wu gambinos... even response

Big l the enemy vs run same era even response
    Mc act like va shame on a nigga .. again same era
    real hip hop vs protect ya neck.. same years...
    Livin proof vs cold world... same years
    Devils pie vs method man ... i even remember rza even responding back like oh yea that was in belly but this a guy in belly and even made a song with this guy.....preeme biggest seller vs one of rzas...

Nas is like vs buck 50... same era again...
    Dwyck va scarfaces ... boths biggest street banger

is it me or did rza really fuckin do this and just not even realize it...

am i bugging? All his picks the entire contest and even the talk between seems like he thinks hes going second..He even ended last and just bounced like he was done...

I seriously think he believes that.

if you look at the list in that way, less “why the hell did he pick that there”.

The best example of this is above the clouds vs ASSASSINATION DAY...

fuckin rza man i love him but jesus christ... lol the WHOLE BATTLE is different this way...a

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    bro i coulda swore that rza said he was gonna get his sound right first with liquid swords.. the whole battle is rza reaponding to premes pick as if he was going second.

When i look at the list, if i switch the songs...

like a million and one questions, rza said, oh wow you went platinum on me out the gate. Heres a lil artist of mg own.

bring da pain vs a million and one questions
    breakin da rules vs maria... makes more sense now imo
    Mathamatics vs wu gambinos... even response

Big l the enemy vs run same era even response
    Mc act like va shame on a nigga .. again same era
    real hip hop vs protect ya neck.. same years...
    Livin proof vs cold world... same years
    Devils pie vs method man ... i even remember rza even responding back like oh yea that was in belly but this a guy in belly and even made a song with this guy.....preeme biggest seller vs one of rzas...

Nas is like vs buck 50... same era again...
    Dwyck va scarfaces ... boths biggest street banger

is it me or did rza really fuckin do this and just not even realize it...

am i bugging? All his picks the entire contest and even the talk between seems like he thinks hes going second..He even ended last and just bounced like he was done...

I seriously think he believes that.

if you look at the list in that way, less “why the hell did he pick that there”.

The best example of this is above the clouds vs ASSASSINATION DAY...

fuckin rza man i love him but jesus christ... lol the WHOLE BATTLE is different this way...a
    I thought it was going that way too but I think Premo just thought it was the start of the battle because liquid swords isn't just a throwaway track lol so I think Premo thought that was the battle signal lol. But Rza didn't even have to use his two trump cards at all lol. I just wish he played that Big Pun track with Prodigy & Deck that would've been a KO blow lol alot of ppl forgot about that one, I'm surprised people loved the Ye track he played in the OT rounds lol
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    What's your point? I said he may take an L, didn't say anything about it being a landslide though. Like someone mentioned in here Premo barely played any Gangstarr.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

This was one of the dopest things I've watched in a long ass time. The beats, the stories they were telling, the fact that pretty much every hip-hop artist EVER was also watching and dropping comments was dope as hell!

I felt like RZA and Premo were both kinda bouncing off each other, not necessarily that RZA got it the wrong way round thinking he was going second.

Like Premo said at one point, "you got a Nas, I got a Nas" and after RZA played Cold World Premo mentioned that D'Angelo was involved with the Cold World remix and then he dropped his D'Angelo remix. Just felt like they were both bouncing off the tracks they were each dropping. When Premo drops Above The Clouds with Deck... no matter if RZA is going first or second I'd be dropping a killer Deck verse next. I would have went with Guillotine rather than Assassination Day at that point though.

I wish RZA went deeper in to the catalog though... would have loved to hear him unleash the Graveyard Chamber beat, or Biscuits, Protect Ya Neck II, or even some newer stuff like Just A Lil Dude, Bitch Gonna Get Ya or Number One Samurai from the Afro Samurai soundtracks.

They should do a part 2 battle, but they're only allowed to use post-'98 beats!

Peace!

It was a draw!

Both are absolute legendary hip-hop beat makers.

I just realised that Rev. William Burke track that RZA dropped near the end was actually released back in 2012/13 as one of the Wu-Wednesday tracks. I've got it saved on my hard drive twice under different names for some reason... 'Pussy' and 'All Of It'. Not sure what the correct name is.

Peace!

RZA wins as my preference, He did great Albums, Primo did better making singles for other artists thou (Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Rakim - so many of them), but his production on Gang Starr never really impressed me, he only dropped 2-3 dope beats and basically I believe that Guru was the one pulling the weight and Premo would give his best beats to other solo artist's to make himself a Legend again. But as far as the battle It's hard to say because RZA dropped too many Cuban Linx tracks and he skipped many other dope joints, while DJ Premier's playlist was mad crispy. And this battle was about the playlist they dropped and I don't know still can't decide the winner of this battle.
    "Zawissius Niger" Polish knight.