Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay-Z Trying To Block Deepfake Audio Of Himself

Default Jay-Z Trying To Block Deepfake Audio Of Himself

Deepfakes” crafted with artificial intelligence are throwing a wrinkle into the murky world of copyright law. JAY-Z and Roc Nation filed a takedown request against YouTube channel Vocal Synthesis for impersonating Hov’s likeness with AI-generated deepfakes. The creator of the channel trained text-to-speech program Tacotron 2 to mimic Hov’s voice and eventually attracted the attention of the man himself. The account uploaded videos of the computer-generated model reciting Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire” and “To Be or Not To Be” from Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
    After receiving the takedown notice, Vocal Synthesis quickly responded with another deepfake featuring Barack Obama and Donald Trump.
    “Unfortunately, for the first time since the channel began, YouTube took down two of these videos yesterday as a result of a copyright strike,” read Trump’s computerized voice. “The strike was requested by Roc Nation LLC, with the stated reason being that it, quote, ‘unlawfully uses an AI to impersonate our client’s voice.’”
    The two videos were initially taken down but eventually reinstated as YouTube investigates.
    “After reviewing the DMCA takedown requests for the videos in question, we determined that they were incomplete,” a Google spokesperson told The Verge. “Pending additional information from the claimant, we have temporarily reinstated the videos.”
    Interestingly, other videos featuring Jigga’s likeness remained on the channel while the two in question were removed. The account also features the AI Hov “rapping” verses from the Book of Genesis and a popular Navy Seal copypasta that has circulated the internet for years. The page also uploaded a fifth video where the automated voice raps the “Darth Plagueis” copypasta.

The anonymous creator of Hov’s deepfake argued he was protected under Fair Use during an interview with Waxy.
    “I’m not a lawyer and have not studied intellectual property law,” he said. “But logically I don’t really understand why mimicking a celebrity’s voice using an AI model should be treated differently than someone naturally doing an (extremely accurate) impression of that celebrity’s voice. Especially since all of my videos are clearly labeled as speech synthesis in both the title and description, so there was no attempt to deceive anyone into thinking that these were real recordings of JAY-Z.”

Jay-Z is really unlikeable as a person.

That channel (VS) is epic

^ Yeah its genius. Jay-Z trying to block it is having the Streisand effect.

Gay-Z

Jay Z stole so many lyrics it's about time someone stole his voice

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Jay Z stole so many lyrics it's about time someone stole his voice
    Yeah

Jay z and Beyoncé are annoying. Jay completely sold out after telling us for years he’s from the hood and Beyoncé pretending she’s not some irrelevant 90’s RnB singer.

Shaolin Master

As a heads up, if you're looking to steal a car and you're near California, grand theft auto is now considered a low level crime in that state.

The voice is a dead ringer but the flow can't be copied (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    The voice is a dead ringer but the flow can't be copied (yet)
    There are moments where it really sounds like a line Biggie would have said. I assume Puffy is going to find a way to use this technology to make another BIG record.

I can't get enough of this channel. I mean this! Wow:

Shit is genuinely a bit scary though.

This is an AI that made a Travis Scott record, and its pretty damn good. The days are numbered for human musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    There are moments where it really sounds like a line Biggie would have said. I assume Puffy is going to find a way to use this technology to make another BIG record.

I can't get enough of this channel. I mean this! Wow:

This one definitely works well. Nice concept too lol. Kind of eerie when you sit through the whole song. This one with the original sung parts and the beat would be something I'd listen to on the regular.

^^^

lol..... It sounds like Biggie is dissing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Shit is genuinely a bit scary though.

This is an AI that made a Travis Scott record, and its pretty damn good. The days are numbered for human musicians.
    That's crazy! It's not as good as actual Travis Scott and it feels more like a fever dream than an actual song. But still, the future will be insane. I can see computer generated music be on top of the charts not far from now.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi