Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handheld gaming systems

Over the last week at work I've customized my vita with all the most appealing PSP, ps1, n vita games I could find. Funny thing is I'll almost certainly never play most of them, lolz. I really don't know when I'm even gonna play the fucking thing, lolololol.

Sure it'll come in handy one day.

I made my kids a raspberry pi emulator and they love it. It plays nintendo, sega, playstation n64 games, SNES, etc. I got N64, nes, SNES, sega knockoff controllers. Everything cost less than $100 total off ebay.

I heard a bunch of rom sites were shut down recently this year. Finding roms online will be a little bit harder.

This geek seems to keep up on things.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    my psvita is one of the best things i've ever invested in
    games, live tv, gps, satellite radio, insane graphics, internet, music storage, file storage etc
    I think I'll retire the Vita and then purchase a Switch. The Vita hasn't had a good game since 2014. Jason releases weak games with PS1 graphics. The Switch is a new system with tons of games. I've been playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I tried to download Monster Hunter 3 (portable) I think as a ROM file to play with my emulator. It was a Japanese version, but had an amazing intro, almost a movie. But it crashed after.
    That sucks. Isn't that game in Japanese (no English)?
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 08-14-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

{>____<}

Some game/rom releases are Japanese only. It kind of sucks because they have some great titles or versions unless you find a ported version.

I started in on 'The 3rd Birthday' which definitely gave the early Resident Evil franchise a run for it's money. Their developers pushed the edge w/ that game and introduced stuff you see on modern platforms.

Also playing CRUSH psp, which is one of the stranger, lesser known challenging puzzle games (2D/3D). It's similar to "The Witness PS4". They both start easy but you'll end of walking away for days and rack your brain like pool balls at an open billiard table.

These higher levels are Bobby Fischer Autist shit, but I'm knocking them down.
    Ok. I'll have to check this out.

In regards to the PS Vita, there are lots of videos on hacking the device but I'm not a programmer, in IT nor do I want to spend 20+ minutes installing/uploading software that may brick my Vita. I tried it and got lost during the instructions. I almost threw my Vita at the wall.

I wish Sony didn't kick it to the side. The system lacked quality games and the expensive memory cards contributed to its downfall. Sony gave up.

glad you went with the ps vita.
    have a blast bro

Haha, I didn't realize Sony had created a proprietary SD card that only fit into the Vita, and they did that in 2013? That's some 80's/90's clusterfuck middle management tech company decision making that floated up to the top brass and got signed off on. It's kind of weird a Japanese multi-nat company would fuck up that hard.
    Sony always does that. That's how you make money.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

The dude I bought my vita off, he hacks them n sells them on eBay, all with the same shit pre-installed, had already put that 3rd birthday game on it. I heard it's supposed to b good. Watched a bit of a video on it. Might get to that one next. I was playing resident evil revelations 2, n it was kinda pretty good, but I didn't like the combat n kinda wasn't really enjoying it, so I'll prob abandon it for now.

The worst thing with the memory cards is they cost an absolute fucking fortune. Mine came with a 64gb one, n I've loaded it right up. I have more games than I could ever need on it, but I would've loved the freedom of having 128gb. I'll just have delete any games I'm not really into to free up space to try other ones.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    The dude I bought my vita off, he hacks them n sells them on eBay, all with the same shit pre-installed, had already put that 3rd birthday game on it. I heard it's supposed to b good. Watched a bit of a video on it. Might get to that one next. I was playing resident evil revelations 2, n it was kinda pretty good, but I didn't like the combat n kinda wasn't really enjoying it, so I'll prob abandon it for now.

The worst thing with the memory cards is they cost an absolute fucking fortune. Mine came with a 64gb one, n I've loaded it right up. I have more games than I could ever need on it, but I would've loved the freedom of having 128gb. I'll just have delete any games I'm not really into to free up space to try other ones.
    Ok. Good, Noel. Hacking a Vita takes skill.

I just purchased a Nintendo Switch Lite because the Vita is so old, lacks Sony support, weak interface, and the lacks good quality games. I've been playing the Vita since 2012. Just Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Gravity Rush, Need for Speed, and Wipeout. These games are SUPER dated and old. I've lost interest.

Sony announced the they're out of the handheld gaming consoles. The Nintendo Switch Lite is far more superior in terms of games, screen quality, built quality, and it's newer.

Some game/rom releases are Japanese only. It kind of sucks because they have some great titles or versions unless you find a ported version.

I started in on 'The 3rd Birthday' which definitely gave the early Resident Evil franchise a run for it's money. Their developers pushed the edge w/ that game and introduced stuff you see on modern platforms.

Also playing CRUSH psp, which is one of the stranger, lesser known challenging puzzle games (2D/3D). It's similar to "The Witness PS4". They both start easy but you'll end of walking away for days and rack your brain like pool balls at an open billiard table.

These higher levels are Bobby Fischer Autist shit, but I'm knocking them down.
    CRUSH is insane. I'm still trying to finish that last level. Another PSP gem is Echochrome.

These were the reasons I wanted to play on the PSP.

I recall it being published by SEGA.

I had a look at that 3rd Birthday joint recently. Looked rad, but did the training sort of part at the start n it was a bit too complicated for my liking. I'm a pretty simple gamer, lolz. I started on Obscure: The Aftermath instead. Enjoying that joint. Typical ps2 style horror survival.

I'll check out those other games u cunts r talking about too.

Yeah prob a bit too involved for a cunt like me who doesn't game much. Especially cos when I do I like to mix it up n spend a bit of thyme on a few different games.

I'd return to it under the right circumstances tho.

Lolz I didn't know they were remaking that shit. Those first 4 tony hawk games were some of the best video games ever. Still fux wit' my epic custom parks in part 2 to this day. Would totally fux wit' remakes.

Funny, I was just wondering about ps4 about half an hour ago n looked up a few things on eBay to c where prices r at. I heard ps5 is out, or coming out, whatever, they're advertising it, dunno if it's out or not...but yeah, figured the price of ps4 shit might b about to drop pretty heavily.

Whatever tho, I've still got plenty of ps3 shit to work thru. No hurry at all.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Lolz I didn't know they were remaking that shit. Those first 4 tony hawk games were some of the best video games ever. Still fux wit' my epic custom parks in part 2 to this day. Would totally fux wit' remakes.

Funny, I was just wondering about ps4 about half an hour ago n looked up a few things on eBay to c where prices r at. I heard ps5 is out, or coming out, whatever, they're advertising it, dunno if it's out or not...but yeah, figured the price of ps4 shit might b about to drop pretty heavily.

Whatever tho, I've still got plenty of ps3 shit to work thru. No hurry at all.
    The PS5 is set to release this November or December. It'll be $499 - $599.

I brought the Nintendo Switch two weeks ago. It wasn't for me. Remastered games. Nothing new. I returned it last week.

I want to get the PS5. I may wait for the price to drop. 500 is crazy unless the thing can also suck my dick.