Thread: Tenet (Nolan Trailer 2020)

Can't wait. Looks like another gem.

stoked for this one

'He can communicate with the future.'

okay, I'm in.

{>____<}

When the theaters open back up, I'm in.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I read early reviews saying this one is too confusing plotwise and makes the actors not srand out (except from Pattinson). supposedly characters are always explaining to each other what's going on. some set pieces on the other hand (a car chase involving a truck and a major scene involving an airplane) are supposedly really well put together.

I read somewhere Nolan's wife bought a real Boeing at her own expense so Nolan wouldn't have to resort to CGI for the set piece with the plane. Both 'facts' seem rather unlikely imo.

I still very much want to see this one but due to COVID I'm gonna wait till it gets the early pay per view treatment on tv, which should happen in late fall round my way.

People are doing all sorts of dumb shit round here. My boss is throwing a 150 invitee birthday party on campus for his sixtieth right after the first staff meeting of the academic year. You're only allowed to invite 10 people by law during this second wave. When I don't HAVE to be somewhere I'm staying in because of dumb behavior like that. People are not abiding by rules that make sense, cinema goers included.

I'm sure it'll be entertaining, but I still think it'll flop. People just aren't going to pack out the cinemas like that right now, or not enough people anyway.

The cinema model is in trouble.

The fuck did I just watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    The fuck did I just watch?
    Lol will you go see it again?

There's lots of bootleg cam versions you can watch online that look alright.

The plot seems kind of hard to grasp like InterStellar/Inception. Only those movies had A-list stars compared to this cast.

I still haven't seen Dunkirk. I'm not convinced that everything Nolan directs is automatically good. Although, he deserves the benefit of any doubt.

By flop if you mean lose money, maybe you're right. Didn't it cost over a quarter billion and now has to pack theaters in a post-pandemic world?

Or do you mean flop as in falling short of expectations and getting bad reviews?

Hopefully drive-thru movie theaters make a comeback, spawning the return of 70's style big cars and bench seats and hot babes rolling up on roller skates

^ The film itself probably can't lose money, even if the box office takings don't get it back, they'll have disc releases, streaming deals etc, and it's Nolan so people are checking for it. It's not like the last Terminator film that nobody cared about.

What I should have said is that movie theaters are depending on this to save the industry and I don't think it's gonna do it, so it'll flop in the sense that it's not gonna do what they want.

@Sense-A : 'Dunkirk' is worth the watch, but the payoff is bigger in cinemas because of the wide landscapes and the way the camera moves. a lot gets lots on a tv screen I think, unless maybe you have a big ass screen

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Lol will you go see it again?
    Probably not. I ain't sittin another 2.5 h through it.

{>____<}

Where can I see this film? Theaters are closed.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Saw it in the theatre. They recently reopened over here (Poland).
    Last edited by Kutman; 09-04-2020 at 07:04 AM.