Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tenet (Nolan Trailer 2020)

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    Saw it in the theatre. They recently opened over here (Poland).
    Ok. Theaters are open in Ohio so I'll go there.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    The fuck did I just watch?
    Lol. This was my thought exactly. Good movie overall but the plot was hard to follow. I understand what they were doing with time but I got lost in the beginning. I'll have to watch it again.

Saw it today with a friend. Great build up but the last half hour gets confusing. Also, there's only so many scenes of soldiers running you can show before your action shots start looking the same.

Intelligent plot AND I need a second watch. This plot and movie were made with the mind more than the heart, which is why I prefer his other movies. Also, as a long time science fiction book fan I'm kind of over time paradoxes.

The subplot with the woman (bad guy's wife) didn't really go anywhere and seemed a bit forced in terms of its connection to a crucial plot element towards the end of the movie.

Good movie (the action sequences are great) but it left me kinda cold in the end.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-05-2020 at 04:30 AM.
    Retired.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tenet/comme..._plot_summary/

I read this and still only understand 70 percent haha. I'd have to go see the movie again and read this explanation, especially what happens in the last 30 minutes, right before I go see it. looks like I'm gonna be stuck in a time loop myself
    Retired.

{>____<}

Does anyone have a download link? I've been searching for a link but no success.

{>____<}

Tenet 4K Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray release date is 12/15/2020.

Makes for a nice Xmas gift.
    Retired.

{>____<}

I have watched the film three times and each time I’ve learned something new. Nolan and his team always work hard in order to bring an original story to the big screen. If you have seen the movie, you'll understand that it’s all a temporal pincer movement like Ives stated prior to the climax.

Tenet does a good job executing the plot beautifully. (In the special features in the blu-ray, the crew stated that after they had read the script, they were very confused as to how they’ll film it without confusing the viewer). Well, luckily, they got it right.

I like the idea of reverse chronology (retrocausality) as a form of time travel. It’s based on theory and a few scientists conducted an experiment reversing the flow of time. In the film, it’s called inversion. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/articl...um-experiment/

In Tenet, Nolan hired the same physicist who was a consultant in Interstellar to come up with formulas and ideas for the film’s time travel concept. They didn’t go into detail as to how time inversion was created but we can use our imagination (If there’s a sequel, I assume that they’re explain this).

Tenet is a spy movie, an original one at best. Genius level film making. Their objective is to prevent global destruction. The cast overall did an excellent job with their performances. I like the score and music, too (People, including myself, said that the music is louder than the dialogue and that it’s hard to understand. The dialogue is fast and packed with important information which makes it hard to keep up. If you turn on the subtitles, you’ll comprehend the film a lot better).

Tenet evolves around the Sator Square which is a palindrome. Each one is important as the other as they’re linked with the plot of the film.

SATOR – Andre Sator
    APEPO – The Spanish artist/painting
    TENET – The organization
    OPERA – Opening scene/attack
    ROTAS – Construction company/Freeport

Pay attention to the Sator Square. It’s forward and reverse. Good for them to use this in the film. Again, it’s genius level film making.

Rating: 5/5

P.S. It’s possible that a sequel is in the works. Hopefully, it’ll be longer and more complex.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 01-03-2021 at 02:44 PM.

You make me want to watch it again. And again lol.
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    You make me want to watch it again. And again lol.
    It's a great film. There may be a Tenet 2. Maybe. Denzel Jr. said in an interview "we will be doing this again, we'll see you in a couple of years."

Now that I think about it, WB may say no because Tenet made $362 million due to the COVID.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 01-04-2021 at 05:12 PM.

I thought it was visually very cool, but it's almost like the plot didn't matter. I didn't understand it, but it also didn't make me want to.

Plus as Hal alluded to, time travel stuff in movies is nonsense, screenwriters just make up anything they want for any purpose.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I thought it was visually very cool, but it's almost like the plot didn't matter. I didn't understand it, but it also didn't make me want to.

Plus as Hal alluded to, time travel stuff in movies is nonsense, screenwriters just make up anything they want for any purpose.
    You need to watch the film again to understand it. I was like this when I first saw Tenet.