Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post some (mostly) forgotten female rappers

eh, might as well post the full album (1997)

she used to be down w/ Def Squad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post

btw Wu Tang reference and Method Man sample around the 24 minute mark, song is called 'Wuteva'

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Cannot forget Cha Cha, who is a former member of Royce Da 5'9"'s D Elite. She released one solo album, Dear Diary in 1999. Solid album. Do not let the album title fool you, it is not just a bunch of girly girl songs
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 06-05-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Cannot forget Cha Cha, who is a former member of Royce Da 5'9"'s D Elite. She released one solo album, Dear Diary in 1999. Solid album. Do not let the album title fool you, it is not just a bunch or girly girl songs
    I'm gonna check her out on YT in a minute, thank you. never heard of her before

You guys probably know this one, I think it's Meth Man's first feature and 4th Disciple's first beat he put out.

This is the full single, the track at 8:08 is a killer beat, I assume it's another 4th Disciple joint.

this is actually completely new to me! thanks. song w/ historic value it seems

EDIT : dope track, love the beat too
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-05-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post

Yeah, she has been featured on a few songs and has a son with Erick Sermon. He should be in about his early thirties now

Would Bahamadia count? Because she was always one of my favorite, but less popular female emcees. But she was still popular enough to do tracks with The Roots, Talib Kweli, DJ Premier, Guru, etc.

Bahamadia feat. Planet Asia, Rasco, Chops & DJ Revolution - Special Forces

She was on Guru Presents - Illkids Records and the Proceed III Remix with The Roots.

I didn't realize she has 3 consecutive platinum albums. I guess she's not as "forgotten" as I thought. I also read that she raked in a lot more doe than more popular female emcees. Worth over $30 million according to https://www.trendrr.net/6556/top-10-...-highest-paid/
    Last edited by Sense-A; 06-08-2020 at 06:08 PM.

I'm really suprised by those numbers! I checked out her album 'Kollage' last week (hotnikks posted about it), dope album. I'll dive deeper into her catalogue

That song makes me want to revisit Rasco too. He had a couple albums that were FIRE .

This song is so hard

Rasco + Planet Asia = Cali Agents .................A deadly combo for San Fransicko Oakland The Bay late 90's origin indie hip hop westcoast rap

Classic Bahamadia. Ski and Red Handed co produced that

Female rappers are few and far between but I always liked Foxy Brown (Dude had skillz) lol

Isn't there a rumor that Jay-Z and some other rappers were fuckin' Foxy Brown when she was only like 15 or 16 years old?

Amazes me how so many these fuckers avoid getting swept up in that #MeToo shit. It took 25-30 years for black people to admit R Kelly fucking 13 year olds ain't right. I read somewhere that almost 50% of black girls have been sexually molested before reaching adult hood.

STUDY: More Than Half Of Black Girls Are Sexually Assaulted https://newsone.com/1680915/half-of-...lly-assaulted/

Now we have to find a way to blame this on white people and President Trump?
    Last edited by Sense-A; 06-14-2020 at 08:49 AM.