Thread: Rumor about INS being on Biggie's 'Long Kiss Goodnight' originally

Question Rumor about INS being on Biggie's 'Long Kiss Goodnight' originally

this is news to me but today I read there's a long standing rumor that the original version of 'Long Kiss Goodnight' (RZA production) had different Biggie lyrics (more direct disses towards Pac) and full verses by Cappa (who can only be heard in the background in some versions of the track) and INS

can anybody confirm this w/ perhaps having read something about it in an interview?

I have no idea what the real source for this info is and would like some background info

thanks a lot. I'm currently spending some time on checking out Biggie demos and rarities, I never paid much attention to those before

Peace CT

Never heard the INS thing before. There was a XXL article some years ago where they went over every track on the album with the artists involved. RZA did not mention Deck at all so this makes me think this is strictly false. Peace

Shaolin Master

Are you mixing it up w/ Deck being on the original version of 2Pac's Got My Mind Made Up?

No, that one we have the verse of

From a YT comment on a demo version I gather RZA said on Juan Epstein (?) Cappa originally had a full verse on this. I'll try and check that in a minute.

I found the Deck mention in the same comments. Could be someone was just trying to get attention or playing around referring to Got my mind made up as a joke

I'm talking about the comment section to this vid below

the INS comment is early on in the list, the mention of Cappa on Epstein is a few comments down from that

^^the feature mentioned in the title is just Cappa shouting in the background, don't get your hopes up
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-27-2020 at 09:20 AM.

did a google search about the whole thing that landed me on our forum again :

https://wutangcorp.com/forum/showthr...Kiss-Goodnight

no mention of INS at all in that thread where art copied the whole XXL article josborne mentioned in the second post here

looks more and more like this is just a plain fantasy, unless someone has heard the INS thing via another source

https://theface.com/music/wu-tang-clan-mythbusters

^^in myth #3 cappa says the Long Kiss Goodnight version with him on it is out there (and not just locked in puffy's vault) "through some kid in Indianapolis". Well I haven't heard it.

No mention of INS in the discussion of that track either, but the myth was originally about Deck on Got my mind made up.

Probably dudes misremember cuz of this article where both tracks are mentioned within the same 'myth'

too bad really. I'd hoped it were true

Would be E.P.I.C. That beat screams INS.

The only I've heard of, is through the XXL article. And that one mentioned that during mixing, the whole beat got changed up. Nowhere near the original vision RZA had. Plus it had Cappa singing on it

And yes. Originally the thing was with Deck on Got My Mind Made Up. He got cut off. Pac actually got that song from Daz. Because originally it was a Doggpound song. (More stuff like that was happening. Because I recall the Dre productions on that album originally were meant for Dre's 2nd solo.)
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997