Thread: Killah Priest - Rocket To Nebula (2020 LP)

^^dope album title

I see he dropped an official mixtape April 10 with producer Jordan River Banks

stream / buy ('name your price') here : https://jordanrivers.bandcamp.com/al...et-of-the-gods

I totally missed this and the new album

thanks for the heads up ShaDynasty
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-02-2020 at 10:35 AM.

listening to that mxtp right now, def worth a listen. pretty good so far! I hope the album is on par or even better. KP is always quality so the LP should be dope

I'm not into the production here, maybe the mixtape is better. A lot of lazy, reversed samples - they even used that bit from the end of Darling Nikki that's already reversed.

that Darling Nikki bit is overused by now (big Prince fan here). I've heard it used by several producers over the years

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

The new album is basically a spoken word project, I believe - based on what I've heard. Similar to the one spoken word track he usually includes on his albums - but this time a full project's worth.

'exclusive leak' from April 3. track 2 on the new album

from KP's YT channel. track 18 on the new album

PRODIGAL SUN

anyone knows where can i order a physical copy ?

idk about that unfortunately. I didn't find any info through google

I see that the public part of his IG & FB accounts mention that he is currently selling a deluxe reissue double album of 'Black August - Black August Revisited' though. apparently you can have your name mentioned in the liner notes thank you section if you pre-order. but that was info that dates back to 2 weeks ago

could be there's no mention of physicals for his new album so as to get the reissue out first

peace

Peace CT

M-80 said physicals coming soon. Priest could use a real Wu sounding album. He’s starting to lose me a bit. I have not yet heard this but it looks like this might be him on some hippy space sh!t. I miss the aggressive KP and love him as a guest spot. But his last few solos were meh to me. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    M-80 said physicals coming soon. Priest could use a real Wu sounding album. He’s starting to lose me a bit. I have not yet heard this but it looks like this might be him on some hippy space sh!t. I miss the aggressive KP and love him as a guest spot. But his last few solos were meh to me. Peace
    thank you for the info

aggressive KP has been MIA for a while, it's definitely true. but I like his other 'mode' to. like Planet Of The Gods, that album was SO dope to me

I am yet to listen to the new album, will post my opinion later

peace

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I'm not into the production here, maybe the mixtape is better. A lot of lazy, reversed samples - they even used that bit from the end of Darling Nikki that's already reversed.
    Agree.. should of had blue sky black death in a project like this. A few standouts as always..100 mummies, contact high, magnificent interview. Bob Ross was my favorite. Not bad probably could of been alot better if they left off grandfather land,greater than, the arrival ????? Need some old 4th disciple bad on the next one. Tired of the spacey vibe ish

I checked out the album. it's not for me. I find it hard to stay focused during spoken word performances. some beats are okay(ish), others are barely there

the mixtape is really good though, so I'm all okay with things

nada ignorante

production makes me fall asleep. my baby daughter might bump it
    N.I.