Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah X OutKast & More Mash Ups

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    ^the victory beat, I'm sure no one has ever thought to change it up that much, but it works, props for the complete reworking of that track.
    Thanks, I'm probably gonna do a Biggie Vs El-P tape at some point soon. BIG has a lot of hard tracks that could work well with those grimy El-P beats.

The ABBOTT

^That's goes hard. You need to do more Duck Down remixes.

The ABBOTT

^where's MF doom?

The ABBOTT

^ Good mix. That whole album felt like a step back musically for me. You should remix a few more from Stankonia some time. This would work well in a dance hall.

The ABBOTT

Are the horns sampled from Aaliyah?

Stankonia is classic dolo. Incredible psychedelic Hip Hop with elite lyricism.

I would definitely do some more Stankonia though - Humble Mumble, We Luv Dez Hoez etc. I want to do a full OutKast project of original remixes at some point but I have a Griselda project ahead in the line.

The ABBOTT

Compared to Atliens and Aquemini. Stankonia was a step back. That's when Andre started getting weird. IMO

Compared to Atliens and Aquemini. Stankonia was a step back. That's when Andre started getting weird. IMO
    I mean Stankonia is probably not better than those 2 albums. It was just maintaining a standard and not quite as innovative, but its a 5 star album still.

OutKast were breaking with orthodoxy on the 2nd album tbh - Andre wearing a turban, calling themselves aliens, basically a whole album about social observations and existentialism. Almost nobody else was doing that at the time. And then Aquemini was when Andre started dressing like he was going to a costume party on acid.

That just added to their approach of being different to the rest imo. They're my favorite group along with Wu-Tang, I would love them to make a comeback. Big Boi's solo career is underrated. Any time you hear Andre pop up for a guest verse its always the same philosophical dude that shows up. Its always memorable.

How did you feel about Speakerboxxx/Love Below?

The ABBOTT

I liked speakerboxxx and love below. At the point, I presume I knew Outkast was never going back to what I loved them for and just accepted it. Most of it works though, minus a few tracks on love below which are forgettable. I heard Ha ya the other, the first time in years. the test of time really didn't do it any favors for me.

I liked speakerboxxx and love below. At the point, I presume I knew Outkast was never going back to what I loved them for and just accepted it. Most of it works though, minus a few tracks on love below which are forgettable. I heard Ha ya the other, the first time in years. the test of time really didn't do it any favors for me.
    Yeah I agree theres a few tracks on Love Below that completely miss the mark. But most of it hits the OutKast standard, and 'A Day In The Life Of Andre' is incredible.

Speakerboxxx was also very high standard but relatively unadventurous compared to every other OutKast LP. Luckily Big Boi has been more experimental since then.