Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RZA Shares His Love For U-God Despite Bitter 3-Year Lawsuit

nada ignorante

Jah World is sick
    N.I.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    I can understand Redman, and even Nas to a certain extent... but why put Snoop on Conditioner? The only track on the album with ODB, and they only put Snoop on the track with him?!
    "Now this is real conversation, and for little to next to nothing
    Conversation, RZA let me spit on compilations
    I'm like, "Cool, but how ya'll gonna put Snoop and not me on The W?"
    It was politicals as usual, and I hated it"

Shyheim - True Story (2004)
    Last edited by CL2coming; 06-15-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    gonna try and get into that track tonight, listening to it a few times back to back - it might click with me after all these years
    so I listened again and it sits much better with me these days apparently

idk how but this beat seemed louder and more obnoxious in the context of the album before. makes total sense now on repeated single track listen lol

it was never Busta with me, just the beat (changes). I'm okay with it now

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah. W is definitely a slow burn album.. I initially loathed it, but now listen to it regularly. Took me about a decade after the original release to make it to that point.

The W was dope, Iron Flag had some wack tracks, 8 Diagrams is a leftfield classic if you ask me, although I know it divided opinion.

I mean realistically you can't reasonably expect a producer to bat 1000 forever, or satisfy 9 group members. Which is why the Clan is probably still better as a dictatorship than a democracy where members are picking stuff that they like or voting. At least with one member in charge, RZA or Ghostface, there's a clear vision.

RZA fucked up with ABT though. He can easily have a comeback if he digs out those old beats we've heard about.

nada ignorante

I can understand Busta being a feat in the album, but Snoop? Any other rapper from the east coast would ve been better.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    I can understand Busta being a feat in the album, but Snoop? Any other rapper from the east coast would ve been better.

Snoop was a star back then and he was already a legend in the hip-hop community. A lot of fans probably wanted Wu to feature with some West coast MCs and Snoop was probably the best commercial choice. I know the track featuring him wasn't a single but it was still a good track. It is also possible that they met and just recorded the track and RZA didn't want it to be left unheard.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

PRODIGAL SUN

Rza very much inspired some of the great producers all time in his “fall off period”

the run of

ghostdog
    supreme clientele
    the w
    bulletproof wallets
    iron flag

inspired the likes of just blaze, kanye, madlib, dilla, alchemist, etc.

8 diagrams has a classic inside of it but thetes some odd fuckin choices there imo but it is atleast new in some way.

a better tomorrow is lazily written and the beats arent good enough equally.

Peace CT

The W is a grown up album I always felt. If that makes any sense. It’s solid so I put it right after 8D though in my Wu album rankings. Coulda used a few more tracks since we had 4 guest verses. Peace