Thread: Mannie Fresh was ahead of his time.

nada ignorante

Default Mannie Fresh was ahead of his time.

Im not gonna front I used to hate on Cash Money back then but a few years back I ve come to realize how good Mannines production really is... All 3 Hot Boys albums had amazing production imo.

Last edited by hotnikks; 06-14-2020 at 11:09 AM.
    N.I.

That is dope. Smooth as hell. I'll be honest, I have next to no knowledge of that whole crew beyond Lil' Wayne and random hits.

I was gonna say he bit Warren G but then realized he came out with that song 2 years before Warren G dropped I Want It All back in October 12, 1999.

First 2 Hot Boyz album have GOAT production, perfect blend of hiphop and poppy beats. (Choruses add to the 'sing along / rap along' factor of the songs too.)

The 3rd album ('Let Em Burn') was somewhat pieced together (Some members of the Hot Boyz and Birdman had already fallen out). The songs are not as strong as on the first two albums imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    That is dope. Smooth as hell. I'll be honest, I have next to no knowledge of that whole crew beyond Lil' Wayne and random hits.
    Definitely dip into the catalogue if you want some carefree easy to access hiphop that puts you in a good mood. Gangsta vibe but beats which I would describe as 'happy'

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    First 2 Hot Boyz album have GOAT production, perfect blend of hiphop and poppy beats. (Choruses add to the 'sing along / rap along' factor of the songs too.)

The 3rd album ('Let Em Burn') was somewhat pieced together (Some members of the Hot Boyz and Birdman had already fallen out). The songs are not as strong as on the first two albums imo.
    Yes true its got some good tracks though:

N.I.

^^yeah, definitely some hot tracks on there too, like the one you posted. that one GOES

Peace CT

Never a fan. Couldn’t stand this crew back then. Guess just not my cup of tea. Peace