Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What are some of the hardest Neptunes beats...?

for sure this works best when everybody is honest about their opinion, we don't all have to have the same outlook on producers

just like ShaDynasty says : interesting debate!

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I think more people felt that way about The Neptunes during the early 00s because they were everywhere.

In that Chad Hugo interview, the interviewer said that one year their productions made up 30% of the songs on the radio, which is nuts. Anything that gets popular really fast like that has a guaranteed backlash around the corner.
    I am surprised that Nate Dogg and Neptunes were so ubiquitous in that time frame, but they apparently have never done any songs together.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Yeah it would be really interesting. Like what would the Neptunes attempt at boom bap sound like? I guarantee you any 90s producer couldn't make a trap beat to save their life.

There's examples where a producer has said years later that they were trying to copy another producer on certain songs, but annoyingly I can't remember any examples.
    Only 90's producer I can think of that can make trap beats is D.M.X.'s producer Dame Grease. He perfectly struck the balance between his It's Dark And Hell Is Hot production style and contemporary trap music production style on his Goon Musik album.

The Neptunes: In The Studio (Chad & Pharrell)

^ cool vid.

NORE has an underrated discography when you look back, although some of the songs are dumb AF haha.