Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are some of the hardest Neptunes beats...?

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Clipse f#cked up by going with other producers on third album. Hell Hath No Fury is dope front to back. And Clones album was a summer soundtrack for me. These dudes r very talented and can make any genre of music. Peace
    I thought the 3rd LP was solid. There was only a slight dropoff in quality and some of my favorite Clipse tracks are on there: Popeyes, Freedom, Doorman etc.

Btw Chad did an interview fairly recently and said him and Pharrell have been producing a bunch of new stuff for various artists.

nada ignorante

N.I.

looking forward to those new ones!

Freedom is my fav cut on Till The Casket Drops, I'd say it's in my top 5 Clipse tracks

nada ignorante

Nore and Neptunes should ve done a whole album together back in those days.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Nore and Neptunes should ve done a whole album together back in those days.
    yessss.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Clipse-Chinese New Year. Noreaga-Full Mode. Foxy Brown-Gangsta Boogie. N.E.R.D.-Lapdance. Ice Cube featuring Clipse-In The Late Night Hour. Noreaga-Grimey. Busta Rhymes featuring Rampage The Last Boy Scout-Call The Ambulance. FamLay- Rock N Roll. Ludacris-Pussy Poppin. Roscoe P. Cold Chain-Delinquent. This dude is like the Holocaust/Killa Sin/Polite/Reverend William Burke of Star Trak. Sooo dope and never dropped an album. Snoop Doggy Dogg-Vato featuring B Real.
    Was about to say Grimey but saw your comment. That along with Grindin and Oh No are probably my favorites

collection of unreleased heat 2002-2006 here :

enjoy

2 more of these collections

SBI (Surrounded by Idiots) : Magnum AKA Pharrell & DJ Timmy Tim AKA Timbaland & Magoo

1991 demo tape

the YT comments are right imo that these guys were ATCQ influenced

^ That was a common criticism of Magoo especially back in the day. I always thought Magoo was solid, good flow and probably a better rapper than Tim anyway.

Who else is a fan of the Kelis album Kaleidoscope? To me that's probably the best record they ever produced, although of course the first 2 Clipse albums are up there too. One of the rare 00s R&B albums where the songwriting matched the production.

^^definitely a classic album in that it has its own sound and topics. not your run of the mill rnb album

also, her voice simply sets her apart from most rnb singers

^ She was hot as fuck back then too. The 2nd album was also produced fully by The Neptunes with Clipse, Roscoe features. It had some bangers, but a lot of it was pretty corny and sounded lazy, like it was written too fast. It was shelved in the US. Tasty was dope, then after that I lost interest.